Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: A Le Mans-Winning 1960 Corvette Finds Fame in a Sequel

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
A Le Mans-Winning 1960 Corvette Finds Fame in a Sequel

By LARRY EDSALL
New York Times
January 17, 2012

PHOENIX — In June 1960, four Chevrolet Corvettes were entered in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. One of them eventually became the first American vehicle to win its class in the endurance test, held annually on the famed circuit in France.

The fates of that vehicle and of one of its drivers, John Fitch,are one narrative strand of “The Quest,” a documentary by Michael Brown that was screened on Sunday at the Arizona Biltmore resort, on the eve of the collector car auctions that start here this week.

Full Story: A Le Mans-Winning 1960 Corvette Finds Fame in a Sequel - NYTimes.com

I was invited to attend that screening but just couldn't make it out there this year. Can't wait to see it.

Tom

screening has been held a number of other places

BTW - heard that John Fitch was in failing health???????

screening has been held a number of other places

BTW - heard that John Fitch was in failing health???????

At 95ish years old, every day is a victory for John. I met him at Bloomington Gold several years ago. He's quite a guy...inventor, racer, engineer, accomplished writer!

And he drives a black Mercedes wagon with yellow racing stripes. I wish him all the best. He's a true legend.:w

It's now available from the National Corvette Museum store on DVD - got mine last week. :)

Thanks John. It's been a while since I browsed the book store.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom