Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A Little Less Ordinary

E

Eric R.

Ford has Shelby,Saleen, Rousch and Steeda. The Camero had Yanko. Did anyone ever do anything with the C3 Vette? I guess I am not one to drive an ordinary car so I was looking at options of that era.

Were there any aftermarket conversion companys that were doing cool things to the C3? It just seems like all you see is one solid color or a two tone job but nothing that really shakes things up... Looking to stand out in the crowd, possibly nice suitable and tasteful graphics, something that demands attention.

After building a jet powered car and driving a Steeda daily, the C3 just seems to lack the jaw dropping WOW that it should have.

Anyone have ideas?

Don't get me wrong, If I didn't like the Vette I would not have bought it in the first place. Just looking to improve on an already good thing.

Motion made a hot corvette. They also made Camaros, Chevelles, etc. much like Yenko.

Erik , also check out the Greenwood site. They made Turbo GT's and Daytonas. These were both wide body C3's. I prefer the Daytona's myself.

Gary

In Motion

Hi Eric,
Joel Rosen definitely made some awesome vettes. Super Chevy and Vette have had some great articles in the past on his cars. However, there are no aftermarket or reproduction pieces to clone your own vette. You could look at various pictures and get some ideas to make the car the way you want. Mr. Rosen did this specifically to keep the value of the Motion cars as high as possible and not let false reproduction cars show up on the market. Even today, if someone thinks they have found an original Motion car there is atleast a $1000 fee for Mr.Rosen to authenticate your information.
Yes, he still has most of the paperwork after all this time to do this.:v
Troy

Thanks guys, That will give me a little to read up on.

Eric R. said:
Ford has Shelby,Saleen, Rousch and Steeda. The Camero had Yanko. Did anyone ever do anything with the C3 Vette? I guess I am not one to drive an ordinary car so I was looking at options of that era.

Were there any aftermarket conversion companys that were doing cool things to the C3? It just seems like all you see is one solid color or a two tone job but nothing that really shakes things up... Looking to stand out in the crowd, possibly nice suitable and tasteful graphics, something that demands attention.

After building a jet powered car and driving a Steeda daily, the C3 just seems to lack the jaw dropping WOW that it should have.

Anyone have ideas?

Don't get me wrong, If I didn't like the Vette I would not have bought it in the first place. Just looking to improve on an already good thing.

The C3 Vette had the bad luck to be around when Shelby built the Cobra. The Cobra was a true Vette-killer and the term "snake-bit" became common among Vette owners. Ford even brought home the manufacturer's championship with the Cobra...somthing the Vette was UNABLE to do up till then. There WAS an answer to the Cobra domination in the form of the Cheetah. Here's a website that gives you a lot of info. They still show these cars at car shows and I hope to see them again at the Chevy Vettefest coming this month at McCormick Place in Chicago.

http://www.cheetahcars.com/history.htm

Dep

Those are SWEET!

I am starting to get a picture in my mind of what I am going to do. The problem is once I start working on a car it ends up like my last project. I just keep buying things as I go with no real vision of what it will be like when it is done.

http://home.mchsi.com/~siliconsurfer1/index.html

At this point I know what motor and tranny will stay in the car but I am still sorting out how the body will end up and small things like side pipes or no side pipes and the rear end ratio.
I hope to have things fairly well done by spring.

Eric,

Here are a couple CanAm Corvettes. I took these photo's in 1981 or 1982 at the Black Hills Corvette Classic.

I was really fascinated by them. There were some beautiful CanAm's done back then. They were popular during the era of the "Shark" ;)

Bud

Erik,

Here is a Daytona wide body like the one I just sold, although Mine is not painted and has side pipes. The wide bodies really make a C3 look like a race ready vette.

Gary

dont forget the guy who built those B-E-A-UTIFUL C3 wagons!

ok so they were actually really ugly...but he could be considered a tuner by some.

Rare81 said:
Eric,

Here are a couple CanAm Corvettes. I took these photo's in 1981 or 1982 at the Black Hills Corvette Classic.

I was really fascinated by them. There were some beautiful CanAm's done back then. They were popular during the era of the "Shark" ;)

Bud

HEY RARE, HOW OLD ARE THOSE PIC'S

81LT4 said:
HEY RARE, HOW OLD ARE THOSE PIC'S

They are old enough to Drink legally in all 50 states, and to Vote ;LOL My best guess is about 22 or 23 years old.

Bud
"CRS sometimes clouds the past, and makes future projects challenging" :confused

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom