Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A little progress yesterday.

Bob
you know I was kidding about the couple weeks completion time!
calling me a "restorer" is pretty insulting to you guys that actually know what the h*ll you are doing. I'm just trying to muddle thru fixing up a car without completely ruining it in the meantime! The fact that the car runs again I still have shocking and if it manages to past my states DMV inspection so I can get her registered and tagged I'll be even more shocked. You are well aware that EVERY step I take on the cars is a major challenge for me never having done it before.

Congradulations on the sale of your project car. Sounds like you are happy about it and if the price was good than that's even better.
it's always nice to be able to make some $$$ doing what you like to do and although you may have planned on keeping this one, you can always build another one like it afterwards for yourself if you wanted. Besides, as you build this one now for the customer you may come across things you would rather change in the next project for yourself as improvements.

BTW, as cool as a flip front end would be I agree, the fit may really suffer because of it. I've seen a couple custom C2's with flip front ends on them at local shows and cruises and each one had a fit issue where the front end would meet up with the other body panels when closed that was far from great. I can admire the work and skill that went into these custom cars and the flip front ends were really cool but if they were my cars the way the front clip fit against the other panels would bother me greatly. Perhaps it was not enough skill, or not enough care taken by the builder on these particular cars I saw but to go thru all that work and not have good panel fit would bother me endlessly.
On the other hand, with good panel fit a flip front end would be really neat to have and with the skill level of people such as yourself, John McGraw, and others I would have no doubts that if you chose to make the front end a flip you would have the panel fit perfect as it should be. :beer

My front clip finally arrived for my project, and I got it installed yesterday.
Like always, The Semerschiems 'glass was first rate, and it took very little grinding and cutting to get it to fit perfect. My bonding adhesive did not come in on the big brown truck on Friday, so I did not have enough left to bond the gill panels on, but after bonding the top surround on, I fitted the gills and installed them with alignment screws. If my adhesive comes in Monday, it should only take me a few minutes to get them bonded on.

I hauled all my polished suspension pieces down to San Antonio Friday for a coat of reflective chrome powdercoat. With luck, they will be ready later this week when I take my chassis down for him to coat. I should have the body back on the rotissere by Wednesday at the latest, and have the chassis freed up to go to powdercoat by Friday. I am less than a week from taking it down there, and I still have not settled on the color choice for it.

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1652590

Regards, John McGraw

Any chance you'll post the pictures again? I'm about to do the same project. Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom