Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A Little Wheel Help Please

bwing

Corvette
03 Z06,66 coupe(sold),99 Porsche Carrera(sold)
I have knock-off wheels on my 1966 coupe. I know Kelsey-Hayes was the original manufacturer. On the backsides of my wheels reads... "Western Wheel Corp" "K-H" with these numbers "306065". I'm assuming the K-H stands for Kelsey-Hayes but are these original wheels or reproductions/aftermarket? They are true knock-offs but I'd like to know if they're original. I have no other information (window sticker, tank sticker) to ascertain if they actually came with the car. I have read somewhere that Kelsey-Hayes acquired Western Wheel (or vice-versa) in the 80's. Thanks for any help.

I'm assuming the K-H stands for Kelsey-Hayes but are these original wheels or reproductions/aftermarket? I have read somewhere that Kelsey-Hayes acquired Western Wheel (or vice-versa) in the 80's. Thanks for any help.

Do a Google search on '"Kelsey Hayes" Western' and you will find that Kelsey Hayes acquired Western in 1984; I can think of no reason the Western name would appear on an original 1966 wheel.
Even though made by a (now) division of the original manufacturer, perhaps even from the original tooling, they are not wheels that actually came on a 1966 Corvette, so they have to be considered "reproductions"

On looking further, I found an old post on this subject from this forum...
http://tinyurl.com/ybbxxf8

There's even a set (with tires) for sale here:
http://tinyurl.com/y8c9c6u

I have knock-off wheels on my 1966 coupe. I know Kelsey-Hayes was the original manufacturer. On the backsides of my wheels reads... "Western Wheel Corp" "K-H" with these numbers "306065". I'm assuming the K-H stands for Kelsey-Hayes but are these original wheels or reproductions/aftermarket?

Those are reproductions - Western Wheel made them for many years from the K-H tooling.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom