Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A new Mistake (it sure ain't red)

I've read some about the high solid clears but haven't used any. Doesn't sound like they would work well with a HVLP gun. If they require a gravity gun because they are too thick to siphon well. wouldn't they work well in a pressure pot? The reason I'm so curious is that I can't see that I have too many more big paint projects ahead of me so the investment in different types of equipment doesn't make much sense.

Tom

Very schweeet Chris!

- Eric

Outstanding Chris:cool

If I were a 5/O I wouldn't want to run into that on the road:eek

Looks GREAT buddy...congrats

59Tom said:
I've read some about the high solid clears but haven't used any. Doesn't sound like they would work well with a HVLP gun. If they require a gravity gun because they are too thick to siphon well. wouldn't they work well in a pressure pot? The reason I'm so curious is that I can't see that I have too many more big paint projects ahead of me so the investment in different types of equipment doesn't make much sense.

Tom

Actually, the clear is not that much "thicker", as it has more actual paint solids per a given quantitiy than one that has more reducer/fillers. So, not so thick that you need a pressure pot, but best used by a gravity feed that uses all the air pressure to break up and spray rather than suction and spray.

You can get some pretty good deals on decent gravity guns. A cheap quality gravity gun can produce better results than a decent suction gun. Most paint stores carry off lines of the "name brand" models for $79 to $199. Here is the trick. For a shade tree kind of guy that only paints once or twice a year, these are fine. The pros that do it for a living really have to buy the $500 version because that is what they depend on to make a living. Kind of like the fact that we can get away with a few more "cheap" wrenches and sockets in our garage than the fellow that pulls them for a living. I don't care if I break (other than my knuckles) a cheap socket because I can replace it cheap and fast. You know where I am going with this.

Great job, Chris. This is going to be one bad ride:cool

:beer
-Guy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom