Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A quick note from your Callaway Moderator - updates, etc - w/in>

*89x2*

Folks, I want to take a moment and give a site update here at the :CAC

Our Callaway Forum now has enjoyed a great year thanks to ALL the Owners & Enthusiasts who visit these pages daily - Thanks for your participation and support of the worlds most civilized supercar.

OVER 850 Topics have been discussed here since the begining, and on Christmas Eve, member "90B2K" typed away post #8000 :upthumbs

As the Holiday Season winds down, hopefully you had a nice Holiday with Friends & Family, and got everything that was on your Callaway's list courtesy of Ted Rice or Mike Vendetto at Callaway Cars

Callaways to the Auction!!!!!!!
Barrett-Jackson is THE place to be to see some of the finest examples of Callaway Cars ever constructed!

- these include the Super Speedster LM, C7R, a beautiful 89 Aerobody Convertible, and the most incredible Callaway EVER constructed - The Sledgehammer
What an opportunity this will be for some lucky bidder -

Here is a link to the headlines:

Barrett-Jackson Callaway Press Release

This is going to be a HUGE event!!! Many people from this site are making plans to attend - if you cannot make it in person, the Callaway portion will be telecast on the Speed Network - Check your listings for broadcast times...

Owners & Enthusiasts, keep Bloomington on your calendar for Thursday, June 24 through Sunday, June 27th - The show is in St. Charles, Il. again this year. I will have the information about this sure to be AWESOME Event right after the new year :upthumbs

Callaway of the Month - January 2004 belongs to a very powerful B2K - Check it out here : January Callaway Of The Month

In addition to the January "COTM", the site has also been updated to include a few new things...

The first thing you will notice is, a fresh new look for 2004 :eek
Callaway Owners Group webpage
The new look you see at the top will remain, based upon feedback generated by you - the Owners & Enthusiasts.

There are a couple more designs being tossed around and by no means is this absolutely the final design, just a fresh idea:upthumbs
If you have a sketch you would like to submit, please drop a note to the address on the website.

The Gallery also holds some new images in the "COTM" archives...
Both the May COTM and Nov/Dec COTM have new images, check them out.

Also updated, are production numbers and the model center - There is some good reading to be found in those sections.

As always, keep the threads coming – A lot of GREAT information is exchanged here on a daily basis – Without everyone here, it would not be the success that it continues to be :)

Hope you enjoy the site as much as I do - Happy Holidays :m
– Chris *89x2*

Chris,

Thanks for your enthusiasm and leadership. This forum has been a tremendous step forward and my Thanks to you for moderating, and CAC for hosting it.

I remember a couple of years ago it seemed as though we were 2nd class citizens in the ZR-1 section of Corvette Forum and hearing them whine about us trying to muscle in on their domain.

Now we have almost the best resource short of Callaway employees themselves participating here (rather than lurking :TALK - OK, I'm being presumptuous), and perhaps that might really happen someday.

The reality is that these cars are powerfull, sexy, and exotic and we must all work together to keep them and the brand name alive. Thanks to everyone for participating and most of all enjoy your rides :Steer and keep it safe.

Best wishes and hopes for an even more sucessfull 2004!

;worship

Your friend,

Luigi
:cool

The new look is awesome !

Luigi couldn't have said it better :beer

Thank you both, for the feedback! Luigi, yes- The place sure has changed since we got our own forum and it has only gotten better (expanded) from there :upthumbs

I will be adding more B2K information over the next few months with more features coming.

If there is something YOU are looking for out of the site, please suggest it - Enjoy :beer

COG Site

Chris,

Thanks for all of your hard work and un-ending enthusiasm for all things Callaway (well, all automotive things, anyway). Great job!

I just looked over the new look site and feel a little disadvantaged, though. There is not much mention of the Supernaturals or the ZR1/CR1 conversions. We need a little respect too...

I have the original invoice for what I think is the first CR1 produced and could copy/send that along to you. I think I have some dyno sheets from Callaway on that first conversion, too. To my knowledge, there were 19 of these produced over the years, but I have no idea when that period was.

I also think it would be interesting to have some more details on the pushrod Supernaturals, too. Callaway probably had one of those "continuous upgrade" custom build programs in place, so it might be difficult to categorize what was done and when it went into "production".

Again, you are doing a great job and have a Happy New Year! You might just force me to drive over to Scottsdale late in January.

Steve

Steve, Thanks for the positive input :beer

I did add a little bit on the Spernaturals but I agree, we need more - I would like to catch up with you in Scottsdale and take a look at what you have - I understand, it is only a 5 hr drive for you, Nice!!!
Here is a link to what we have so far... SuperNatural Model Center Take a look at p.4 :upthumbs
(that was stuff sent to me in late 1992 - like you said, evolutions were made...

Thanks again Steve, Happy New Year!!!!!:bar

Chris,

You are doing an extraordinary job moderating the Callaway forum. You are the true backbone that keeps this site fresh and updated with the latest of Callaway news. Although I've only been a member since April, I feel like I known all of you fellas much longer. The degree of camaraderie displayed in here is like no other I've experienced. We are a community bonded by our strong sense of passion for "Powerfully Engineered Automobiles" Everyone have a safe and enjoyable holiday season.

Johnny

I love this forum!!! Even if I have to go alone, I'll in in St Charles.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom