Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: A6: Max speed each gear

M

MagneticRedC6

OK, I have a 2007 A6. I have owned other Vettes but always manuals before.

Using the paddles what is the max speed for each of the first 3 gears?

I have a tach (I know.....), but just wondering in case I need to burn a little before I get it all tested out.

Also, when I go from 1-2 or 2-3 do I need to back off the pedal for the shift. It's weird, with a stick you do it instictively and rev to the evenly mix in when letting out the clutch. This A6 stuff has me a little confused.

(don't say buy a stick, my knees can't take it anymore.)

Thank you.

I would imagine that the information you seek is in the owner's manual. I know the info is in there for the manual transmission and the manual is not specific to the type of tranny. The same manual goes in all of the cars for the year.

Since it is an automatic, the procedure os to just keep your foot planted on the accelerator, the car and tranny do the rest.

I would imagine that the information you seek is in the owner's manual. I know the info is in there for the manual transmission and the manual is not specific to the type of tranny. The same manual goes in all of the cars for the year.

Since it is an automatic, the procedure os to just keep your foot planted on the accelerator, the car and tranny do the rest.

Nothing much in Manual about paddles more than to find them on the steerling wheel. I'm thinking I will get some interesting comments.

I'm now thinking to put tranny in "S", drop to first, give it gas and ensure upshift takes place before or at redline. The A6 can't let you rev over redline???? If true, it's like "sit back and enjoy the ride."

thanks

Hi there,

Your maximum speed is checked and monitored by the transmission control module.

It will also NOT let you overrev a shift or anything like that.

If you would like actual speeds of each shift, I will need to know your rear end gear ratio.

Allthebest, c4c5

Ok, you say put it in S and drop it down in first. WHen in S mode it already is in first gear. The only time it doesn't downshift to first gear is in paddle mode. In paddle mode it only downshifts to second gear. you have to manaully pop it down to first. In D or S modes it will always downshift and start out in first gear. Regarding paddle mode, it's really hard to shift manually to second gear before it hits the rev limiter. It happens really fast. It's like, hit the gas then hit the paddle. Using S mode will be quicker if you are talking strictly like a 1/4 mile blast. I only use the paddles when out on a windy road. Also, it will absolutely hit the rev limiter at times in S mode, it's not impossible to do. Especially when the tires break loose. I have a Chuck COW tune in my 08 A6 along with his 342 gear so things happen rather quickley. :D

Start the car
put it in "D"
step on the right foot pedal
it'll go!

I seriously doubt you can shift the trans as well as the computer can shift the trans. The paddles are a "fun" gimmick, but it won't be any quicker to your target speed.

FYI~ The 6sp automatic (MXO) can be tuned, but it would likely end your transmission warranty.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom