Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A6 software threw a code..

rdgfx3

Corvette
2008 Silver Coupe
Last Saturday I'm driving my '08 A6 F55,w/31,000 miles and after 3 or so miles and 4-5 stoplights,I get a check engine light.My transmission is also not shifting.I shift into S and paddle shift.It doesn't respond to that either.
I go to my next left tun lane,come to a complete stop,wait a few seconds for traffic and go.I'm stuck in the same gear.I pull over,put it in park,turned the car off.

I got out,closed the door walked away,turned around...and shot it.

Just kidding.
I get back in,restart it.The check engine light remains on.I put it in D and go.Shifting normally.Put it in S.Works fine for the paddles,shifting manually up and down.

I take it to the dealer and they call amd say it was a transmission controller or solenoid.The next day he leaves a message having performed a valve body clean and a pressure sensor unit relearn.

I took it in Tuesday.It's Saturday now and I'm told it's not ready.

I have my car back.
Code:p2715
Pressure control solenoid 4
Performed valve body cleaning procedure.

Whatever that means.
Anybody?

HI there,

This code will need in depth diagnosis before replacing parts.

P2715 is for a control solenoid stuck on.

They attempted to clean the valve per direction in GM service information, which was the first course of action.

Now, they will have to test the actual valves/control solenoid system and validate the failed part.

Allthebest, c4c5

Amother P2715.

Also a P7777.

They're still having problems with it.

They are probably pulling the transmission I'm told.

Let us know what they found out.

Yea,they reported physical debris in the pan when they pulled it and the also noted that the fluid was "burnt smelling".Like I said,they replaced a total 18 parts.It made some awful noises a few times before it finally failed,so it wasn't like I didn't have advanced warning haha.
For instance,I was driving down the road and I slow down to take a right turn at an intersection.After the turn,as I accellerated the tranny would shift HARD with a LOUD clunk as it hit the next gear on upshift.That happened about 5-6 times before complete failure.

Anyway,I kind of notice the tranny seems to hunt for gears quite a bit and doesn't like to shift into 6th after getting on the highway.Sometimes I'll actually have to select Sport shift,manually put it in sixth with the paddle shifter and then put it back in drive.

After leaving a dead stop after a red light,for example,I'll give it some gas,get going,let off the gas as I arrive at the speed limit.When I give it the gas to maintain my speed,it can't decide what gear it wants to be in,ya know?WTF?

Anybody else notice these quirks?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom