Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Abby (2003 Anniversary) Delivery Date (Amarillo, TX) 01/26/2008!!

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster
2000815801374747155_rs.jpg

WOW - That's Tomorrow! :beer

How has the weather been, Bud? Will you have a chance to put your new baby thru her paces?

SAVE THE :w

Thanks Dwayne ;) yep she's almost here...

The Truck Driver called around 4:00 p.m. and said they were about 300 miles out and hoped to make Amarillo in time to eat at THE BIG TEXAN Steak House. The Texan closes at 10:00 p.m. (I think) so if he hurries he just might make it :D

He said they would sleep over in Amarillo tonight and make delivery in the morning :dance

Rather than navigate through our nieghborhood, I said I'd give him directions to a parking lot next to my favorite Coffee House "Roasters" :D Plus the parking lot is for a Same Day Med Surg facility and is empty on Saturday and Sunday...

So folks it looks like "Abby" will arrive tomorrow to her new home, Amarillo Texas. I'll try to remember to take the camera and try to remember to use it :chuckle.

It's been a while since I purchased Abby, November 12th... it's a long story, not quite as exciting as Rowdy, 67HEAVEN and an enclosed car trailer, but it is weather related too, and contract disputes with a transporter... and on and on... One of these days I'll sit down write up a brief story about it :eyerole

Anybody interested in a very nice 1981 4-Speed :rotfl... let's put that on hold for a bit ;) maybe ma will commodere Abby and name her Albert :chuckle
Shhhh we don't ma to know I have a plan :eek :bash

Bud

I forgot...

Today temps were hovering around 60* ~ 63*
Saturday temps: 68* ~ 70*
Sunday temps: 70* ~ 72*
Monday back to season norms 55* ~ 58*
And down hill from there..

Bud

Yoda, I took delivery of my '98 in a Walmart parking lot, in a light rain at 2 A.M. Guess you can tell I wasn't willing to wait until morning. :chuckle

Congrats and enjoy!
We want photos!!!
:wJane Ann

Today's the big day Bud! Remind us how that "new Corvette" grin feels, will ya?? :D

-Tatortot

Don't you just feel like a kid on Christmas morning about to open his presents????:D:D

Bud,

Great to hear that "The Day" has finally come. I'm certain that you and Nanc will be on that first ride with latte in hand early today. Enjoy....sounds like it might even be a top down day there in Amarillo.

Dale

Thanks everyone for the well wishes :D

The driver just called and we setup the delivery room for 10:00 a.m. our time. Just an hour and half or so, Nanc and I should have Abby.

Tim and Ann (Doctor & Nurse delivering Abby) made it to the "Big Texan" for dinner last night, and said this morning is beautiful day in Amarillo, but not 60*+ yet :boogie. It is around 38* or so but warming nicely :D

I have the camera ready, paperwork ready, I'm ready and Nanc is ready :Steer

It's kind of strange, I usually don't say alot about my day to day escapades or live vicariously online. I'm not used to all this attention about what I do. Thank you all for the nice words and well wishes :upthumbs

Bud & Nanc Dougherty
Amarillo, TX

How cool! I am excited for you. It is 9:06AM so you only have a few minutes left! I remember waiting on my previous vette to be delivered. It took a couple of weeks. I can't imagine waiting a couple of months!

So, now the rest of us wait for pictures.:D

Have fun and be safe!:beer

BTW: I'd like to see pics of the '81.

It's nearly 11 A.M. Central so I'm guessing Bud and Nanc are doing some of this :SteerI'm curious to hear Yoda's impressions of the '03 after driving the '81 all these years - he's mentioned before it's minimal "creature" comforts. :chuckle

Have fun, Yoda!!

J - here's a photo I took of the master and Rare81 arriving at the Baymount for CruiseFest06.

HPIM0989_A.jpg

It's nearly 11 A.M. Central so I'm guessing Bud and Nanc are doing some of this :SteerI'm curious to hear Yoda's impressions of the '03 after driving the '81 all these years - he's mentioned before it's minimal "creature" comforts. :chuckle

Have fun, Yoda!!

J - here's a photo I took of the master and Rare81 arriving at the Baymount for CruiseFest06.

HPIM0989_A.jpg

Wow, that is beautiful. I have been considering the purchase of an '08 next year to go along with my '02 DD. I have been reconsidering because I love the '78-'81s. My first was a '73 coupe and I've always wanted another Stingray. I think I'm going to have to get an '81 like this. I love the looks!

Thanks for posting this for me.:BOW

. I think I'm going to have to get an '81 like this. I love the looks!

Thanks for posting this for me.:BOW

I believe this one is for sale.....just ask Bud...:upthumbs:upthumbs:upthumbs

Whew... I hate delivery rooms/waiting rooms/hosptals in general, BUT this trip was well worth the visit:

Here the expectant mother arrives along with the portable/transportable delivery room ;)
abbymotherae5.jpg

Once the Doctor and the Nurse, Doctor Tim and Nurse Ann, arrived things went real smooth.. without offending anyone or making any more of this than has already been done... I photographed the WHOLE Delivery.. ;)

birth01ee5.jpg

birth02gh0.jpg

birth03xj7.jpg

birth04qg1.jpg

birth05jc0.jpg

Me and Nanc "The Proud Parents"
birth06su0.jpg

And none of this would of happened had it not been for the Great Husband and Wife Team.. Doctor Tim and lovely wife and Nurse, Ann.
doctornursexr7.jpg

Ann kind of reminds me of someone, one of the Action Center Staff.. somewhere down in Georgia me thinks she lives... odd Tim & Ann are from down around South Carolina.... ;shrug

Abby now awaits a Texas Safety Inspection and Lic. Which will be done tomorrow. Abby came with matching color Bra and even Mirror Bra's and Car Cover... Well I guess she is a couple of years old :eek (delivered with a bra.... humph)

First I need to read the owners manual and figure out the low tire RR... If this thing starts talking to me.... I may Never get rid of Rare ;)

I like it, but you know, Rare has a lot of qualities that Abby doesn't have... both are not made for a big fat man... but Rare is actually more comfortable.. I need to get the seats adjusted in Abby .... Lose a LOT of weight then I fit better in both :chuckle

I think Nanc really likes Abby ;) she drove home from the parking lot... Lot's more getup than her 01 Lincoln LS :chuckle

RARE is for Sale... checkout the C3 for sale by owner, or drop me aline.. everything has a price ;)

Bud

Congrats - Glad everything went off without a hitch...

I'm expecting a new thread with more pictures once your new Vette gets settled in! :beer

L8TR - D

It looks beautiful, Bud! Congratulations! I think that you will learn how to fit in there. I am a bigger guy than you, and I am quite comfortable.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom