Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ABS and ASR light is on after.....

Zixxer

Corvette
1982 Red Coupe
Some of you may recall I'm tracking down a grabbig left caliper even after replacing all of the calipers, rotors and pads. The front left wheel would just be covered in brake dust while the right front had very little.

Other then the troubleshooting guides mentioning the piston seal on the calipers could be bad there was little other guidance. The only other item that could be preventing or providing equal pressure to each caliper is the ABS unit.

I had NO codes that indicate the ABS was bad but I bought one off eBay and replaced the unit with a low mileage one.

My ABS and ASR lights are now on and I'm really only interested in knowing if air in the unit would cause this??? I know I will need to perform a flush using the Tech 1 unit which I plan to do this weekend. I know a local mechanic that has one but I'm just trying to get a heads up about the air being a factor.

Thanks Rick

PS Replacing the ABS was a breeze once I took a Dremel and cut a 13mm open end wrench in half. It easily fit in the space and made removing the lines a no brainer.

One possibility could be a restriction in the line to that wheel. Either some crud in the fluid had stuck in the line or even the line itself may have been pinched somewhere.

It's a PITA to undo the lines from the ABS to the caliper (but now you have the special tool!!) so you could try some air pressure to blow the line out. Given the same pressure setting in a pressure bleeder, you should get the same amount of fluid flow out of any of the lines going to the wheels if there is no restriction.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom