Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ABS fault codes

malc350

Corvette
1996 LT-4 Z51 CE
My SERVICE ABS light came on and my diagnosis revaeled the following fault codes:

Code 31: Right Rear sensor fault
Code 25: Left Front sensor fault

I can't believe that both sensors would fail at the same time(!!!)

I have checked the resistance of both sensors as per the factory manual. The Left Front is within specification but the Right Rear resistance is much higher than it should be.

I suspect that only the Right Rear sensor is faulty. The main reason is that the codes are displayed in the following order:

Code 31, Code 25. I thought the codes should be displayed in numerical order (?) I am guessing the current codes are displayed first, followed by history codes and therefore my Left Front sensor code (25) is a history code?

Anyone know if I'm right? Help appreciated.

Malc350 (Essex, UK) 1990 Callaway Twin Turbo, black on black, 6 speed, 3.33:1 rear.

I believe history DTC"S are preceded by an "H"...............

Funny you post this. My 90 (not Callaway...sniff) has been getting the ABS light too for past month. The codes I've gotten indicate the passenger front wheel and driver rear wheel. The mechanice cleaned the sensors, checked the resistance and reset the ECM. I'm still getting ABS light about 85% of the time. Every now and then, I'll hear what sounds like a small motor running in the driver rear wheel, then the ABS light goes on. Other things that have turned the light on are when I'm jumping on the gas and shifting between 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

I have no idea what I'm in store for here. Car isn't going back in to the mechanic until next week. I'll be ****ed if I need a new ABS module seeing how I've only had the car for 6 weeks.

Keep me posted on your troubles!

Thanks for your reply. I can't believe someone has the same (weird!) problem. I've ordered a new right rear sensor that should be with me in a few days. I'll see if that does the trick. Malc. See: www.mm-2000.co.uk/corvette

:BOW nice ride ;worship i have always admired the callaways. just wish i could afford one :(

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom