Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Abs, tractioncontrol etc

PATZ06

Have had a problem with the abs etc light comming on for a few years on an 02 z06. Had the unit checked and diagnosed as ebcm. Had it rebuilt then sent it back because of more codes than original. Second unit gave 1 code indicating passenger side sensor. Tried cable change first with no luck. Just changed bearing assembly with again no luck. Abs etc information clears when car is shut down then restarts at 40 mph on an "docile" acceleration (or equivalent on hard acceleration). Any good ideas?
Pat

Who did you send it to, to get rebuilt?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

If you have had two bad EBTCMs from the same place and it's named "Corvette Salvage", I'd be skeptical that you're actually getting rebuilts. If it's a salvage yard maybe your're getting used parts picked on the closest wrecked C5 to the office.

Also, if your diagnosing ABS, there's no such thing as a "passenger side sensor". There are right front, left front, right rear and left rear wheel sensors, vehicle speed sensors and so forth.

If you are trying to repair this yourself, do you have the Factory Service Manual for 2002?

Ebcm

this sounds very familiar. I went through some of the same on the left front. dealer diagnosed as bad speed sensor, replaced it and the wire from it to the frame. the codes that had been popping up were gone but new code 1232 appeared when I went over a certain speed. they told me it needed a new ebcm so I took it home. after many checks I tested each front speed sensor wire for voltage from the ebcm and I had nothing on the left front. replaced the ebcm with a new one I got on amazon (about $530) and all is well with the world again. The way the dealer checks is to connect a tester and check the system and when all is good it must be the ebcm. I did the opposite by testing for output from the ebcm instead of input to it. anyway it is a simple check and I hope it helps.

Bart

if you have had two bad ebtcms from the same place and it's named "corvette salvage", i'd be skeptical that you're actually getting rebuilts. If it's a salvage yard maybe your're getting used parts picked on the closest wrecked c5 to the office.

Also, if your diagnosing abs, there's no such thing as a "passenger side sensor". There are right front, left front, right rear and left rear wheel sensors, vehicle speed sensors and so forth.

If you are trying to repair this yourself, do you have the factory service manual for 2002?

code check was a 1233 meaning right side (passenger) front sensor. No i do not have the manual. Tried to obtain cd version with no luck. Do have a subscription to all data but not much help there with ultimate diagnostics. Had similar thoughts re "rebuild".
Have received suggestion to try output voltage from ebcm. May give that a try.
Thanks all!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom