Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Accessory delay Bus

RJZR1

Corvette
Yellow 91 ZR1
My accessory delay stays on after i turn off the ignition and open the drivers door. I found this out after finding a drained battery in the morning.
Power windows and radio keep working even after 15 minutes after shut down. Any ideas on why it won't shut down? Fixes? Thanks. 91 yellow ZR1 with no mods. I bought this ZR1 from the original owner with 51K miles on it. Still have a few gremlins to work out but it runs great. I always dreamed of owning one since a neighbor got one new in 91. I have had many vettes in the past but there is something about the ZR1.

I pulled the relay from the fuse panel to take care of it. This is a great forum with lots of good info.Im glad to be here.Ralph.

Thanks for the info. Still have the same problem despite doing the things mentioned. At least for now I am OK by removing the relay. Where is the best place to find a Field service Manual? Thanks again, Ralph.

You can buy a Factory Service Manual ( which will have info on service of the retained accessory power system) from Zip Products.

Did you notice if the interior light goes out after shutting the door?
If not, poor contact at door switch may be the culprit. To check, double stick tape a small button to the end of the switch and see if all shuts down after 30 seconds or so.

The lights go off after I close the door. Thanks for the info though.Ralph.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom