Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Accessory sockets

rdgfx3

Corvette
2008 Silver Coupe
I was wondering.In the console of 2008 coupe,I have a 12 volt accessory socket.There are also two dummy plugs with a cover over each.Behind the covers are phillps screws.Is it possible to install two more power sockets in those spaces?If so,where would I get them?

The Phillips head screws hold the front console in place. Even if you took the screws out I doubt you would have the clearance needed to install new power sockets.

Jason

Barely had my Corvette for a week and I'm all ready tearing into her. :upthumbs Anyway I had the console apart to install a bypass switch for the exhaust, and I remembered this thread. Below are a couple of pics I took. The first one shows the mounting bracket for the 2 screws (in the red circle) you can access through the center console. They are part of what holds down the trim piece that goes up around the radio and what not.

The second picture shows the underside of the trim piece. You can see the sound deadining that goes around the shifter and the cup holders. The red circle here shows the hole on the passenger side of the trim piece. I suppose if you wanted to cut the plastic piece on the center console with the screw hole, you could mount another power outlet there.

Jason

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom