Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! accurate air guage needed

Corvette
2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
Can anyone tell me where i can get a digital or regular but accurate air gauge? I'm trying to set the air pressure in my 2003 and between the tire pressure sensors and the guage I have it's more like trying to see in the dark. Everything is guesstimates ! The door sticker say 30 PSI cold, but my guage say 32 or around there. So i have to add or let air out and then start the car see what the PCM reads. Frustrating

killian,

Digital tire gauges of good quality can be found at about any parts house, Sears or Lowes.

Dale

The DIC very often is not accurate. That is why it may be frustrating to have both the gage and the display read equal pressure. Trust the tire pressure gage and use the DIC as a reference only.

Heck...I got tired of a lot of junky "digital" gauges that are sold. Since the digital gauges that are truly reliable cost a lot, I made my own gauge with a lab quality air pressure gauge I bought from "Lab Safety" supply, a length of air hose and an air chuck.

I've used that thing for many years.

A couple of years ago I tested a digital gauge from Crystal Engineering. It was an outstanding piece of equipment but very expensive. If I could have afforded it, I would have purchased the unit after the evaluation period was over.

Heck...I got tired of a lot of junky "digital" gauges that are sold. Since the digital gauges that are truly reliable cost a lot, I made my own gauge with a lab quality air pressure gauge I bought from "Lab Safety" supply, a length of air hose and an air chuck.

I've used that thing for many years.

A couple of years ago I tested a digital gauge from Crystal Engineering. It was an outstanding piece of equipment but very expensive. If I could have afforded it, I would have purchased the unit after the evaluation period was over.[/quot

Maybe i can find and assemble the same thing !

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom