Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

acetone for fuel additive

jimbo64

Corvette
1964 RED CONVERTIBLE
Anyone got any experience pro or con on this. Suppose to do great and wonderful things. check out www.pureenergysystems.com for their commentary. what do you think and is there anyone out there who has tried it.;help thanks, :beer

I would use VERY small doses or you'll start to break stuff. Tried it on a rental car many, many years ago and by the time we got it back to the airport rental station it didn't sound good !

Bernie O.

I noticed that most of the vehicles, if not all, were showing some age and probably suffering from dirty fuel systems and carbon buildup. I wonder if the results would have been the same or even better with Seafoam.

Tom

I noticed that most of the vehicles, if not all, were showing some age and probably suffering from dirty fuel systems and carbon buildup. I wonder if the results would have been the same or even better with Seafoam.

Tom
I'm with you there Tom!!!!I'm not going to use it in ANY of my vehicles,I've seen what it dose to Seals and Hoses in my Fiber Glass Chopper gun and pump if I leave it to long in the Gun while cleaning!!!!Talk about SWELL UP!!!:chuckle:chuckleA 1/2 inch o-ring swells Bigger than My head!!!;LOL;LOL;LOLAnd then after they dry out become very brittle and leak resin and mek all over the place!!!!!:eek:hnoes Thanks,but I'll pass!!:upthumbs

I'm with you there Tom!!!!I'm not going to use it in ANY of my vehicles,I've seen what it dose to Seals and Hoses in my Fiber Glass Chopper gun and pump if I leave it to long in the Gun while cleaning!!!!Talk about SWELL UP!!!:chuckle:chuckleA 1/2 inch o-ring swells Bigger than My head!!!;LOL;LOL;LOLAnd then after they dry out become very brittle and leak resin and mek all over the place!!!!!:eek:hnoes Thanks,but I'll pass!!:upthumbs

Exactly! Acetone will destroy just about every type of seal in the fuel system. :eyerole

Anyone got any experience pro or con on this. Suppose to do great and wonderful things. check out www.pureenergysystems.com for their commentary. what do you think and is there anyone out there who has tried it.;help thanks, :beer
Guys, thanks for the feedback. I do have a friend who is using the stuff in a relatively new car so it will be interesting to see what happens. Have told him
the feedback that I received here. If it sounds to good to be true then it probably is. I would never do that to any of my vehicles but if fuel costs continue the upward spiral I suspect that there will be a lot of "snake oil formulas" out there.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom