Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Active Suspension

alan ream

Corvette
2004 Red Z06
Not sure why the system sent me here, this listing is for 2006-2007. My friend has a 2005 (not Z06) and has what seems to be abnormal suspension. When driving down the freeway and going over some bumps (overpass) the suspension doesn't simply go up and down like it should. It seems to slide from side to side (little hard to explain) It almost seems as though you get pushed left and right as it settles out after the bump.

The car is still under warranty, and he just took it in and the dealership said they performed a "27 point" check up and everything seems fine. I just drove it yesterday, and I can tell you it isn't fixed.

Can anyone shed any advice on where to look for the problem. I am pretty mechanical, and can look where someone points me, which I can then verify a problem before my friend takes it back to the dealership.

Alan,
I moved this over to C6 general discussion. Maybe someone there will have some answers for you.

Tammy

Hi there,
First thing that should be done is checking tire pressures.
Then, depending on suspension options, checking the alignment specifications would be next.
Allthebest, c4c5

Check the rear swaybar mounting bolts. They've been known to loosen. Also,check the rear axle nuts. They are 34mm in size.

swaybar bolts=58ft.lbs.
axle nuts=128ft.lbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom