Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Actual 1999 C5-R Hood from 12 Hours at Sebring

Corvette
75 Stroker 4spd Frame Off, 05 Cpe 6spd
I just listed this on EBAY Item# 150207494933

What do you think?

THIS IS THE REAL THING!!!
This is the actual hood made from carbon fiber material from the 1999 C5-R Corvette Race Car that raced at the 12 Hours at Sebring.
Unique in its field, this vehicle was the first factory backed Corvette to race since the 1963 Corvette Grand Sport Racers.
In 1999, the General Motors Factory put together a two-car team. The teams were called, interesting enough, the "short drivers" and the "tall drivers". Riley & Scott, a race car fabrication facility located in the heart of racing, Indianapolis, Indiana, ran the "short drivers" race team. The team consisted of Scott Sharp, Andy Pilgrim, and John Heinricy. Pratt and Miller, the firm commissioned by GM to build both vehicles (the #3 and the #4 cars) ran the "tall drivers" which consisted of drivers Ron Fellows, Chris Kniefel, and John Paul Jr.
This hood is from the "short team". It is the actual hood that was damaged by driver, John Heinricy during the 9th hour of the Sebring race when John Heinricy hit the brakes hard in traffic in turn 17, swapping ends and making contact with the wall, which put the car out of the race. The #4 C5-R finished 7th in the GTS class!
I couldn't believe it when I found and bought this hood in February, 2002. I've never told any of my fellow Corvette friends about the find, they wouldn't have believed me anyway.
This also comes with a copy of the original Superflo 12 Hours at Sebring March 20, 1999 Official Entry List and whatever info I've found to go along with the hood.
I wiped the hood down to get rid of the "shelf dust" trying not to wipe the actual dirt, oil and tar marks on it.
THIS IS SO RARE, YOU WON'T FIND ANOTHER LIKE THIS BECAUSE THIS IS THE ONLY ONE EVER!!!
Please don't ask me for reserve price, to me that's like having an inside auction at the same time as the actual auction which is not fair for bidders.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom