Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Adding 85' fuel pump to 84'

E

Edge950

I am very interested in adding an 85' fuel pump to my 84' so i can add the x-ram in the future. How do i go about adding it what all will i need besides an 85' fuel pump?

I may be wrong but I believe they wire right in with no problem, don't forget to insall a new sock with the new pump. Good luck. 84 CF 91 ZR-1

OOps

Pressures different... may not work

84 needs 9-14psi

85 is 35-40 ish

Not same

Warning Danger!

Vig!

You might try a parts house and see if they use the same part number for both years. But crossfire and tpi are vastly different systems.

You won't need anything else, it is an easy mod that your 84 will benefit from though nothing you will notice. I did this to my 82 as I was modifying it. I'm sorry I can't give you specifics but the wiring is "almost" identical. There is a crossfire website out there that details this and other modifications to this engine, I used it with great luck. Maybe someone can post address, I haven't been there in almost 2 years and I've forgotten the site address. Sorry.

Eric

Wait... I found it! Here you go.

www.crossfire.homeip.net:81/cftest/startdefault.asp

I just did mine and I noticed a LOT more difference. Particularly because my 84 pump was dogging out on WOT. It is a simple install. The only thing is you have to have a soldering iron. You will be soldering the ground wire where the old one was. Just heat up the old contact and pull the old wire off and stick the freshly trimmed/stripped one in its place. You might have to solder the hot wire as well but it is just as easy as the ground. (I cant believe I dont remember!). Another thing, dont worry about bare wire. Just make sure the hot wire does not have even a remote possibility to ground out.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom