Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Adding Horsepower?

Corvette
2001 MilleniumYellow Rag Top
How much hp do I add if I install a Vararam air intake and Corsca Pace Car exaust? I have a 2001 350ci with 350hp now, and it is all stock no mods including stock exaust.:beerScott

How much hp do I add if I install a Vararam air intake and Corsca Pace Car exaust? I have a 2001 350ci with 350hp now, and it is all stock no mods including stock exaust.:beerScott
The Vararam, as advertised, estimates up 35 HP. I would lower my expectations to about 15 to 20 HP at best. Because the system is a ram air system, you won't really be able to verify HP gain by putting it on a dyno. You might want to run a few 1/4 mile times before and after and go off SOTP. Beware of water ingestion issues with this system.
As with most exhaust systems, don't expect too much of a HP bump with just a catback system, maybe a 0-8 HP gain considering your choice of the Corsa Pace Car (exhausts are mostly a sound upgrade). If you add headers, high-flow cats (total system) then you can expect 10-12 more HP over the theoretic HP bump with a catback.
I don't know what kind of sound you are going for, but the Pace Car is much more aggressive than the Corsa Touring, but no resonance (l like either choice, I have the touring system myself). You are on the right path to start things off:w

The Vararam, as advertised, estimates up 35 HP. I would lower my expectations to about 15 to 20 HP at best. Because the system is a ram air system, you won't really be able to verify HP gain by putting it on a dyno. You might want to run a few 1/4 mile times before and after and go off SOTP. Beware of water ingestion issues with this system.
As with most exhaust systems, don't expect too much of a HP bump with just a catback system, maybe a 0-8 HP gain considering your choice of the Corsa Pace Car (exhausts are mostly a sound upgrade). If you add headers, high-flow cats (total system) then you can expect 10-12 more HP over the theoretic HP bump with a catback.
I don't know what kind of sound you are going for, but the Pace Car is much more aggressive than the Corsa Touring, but no resonance (l like either choice, I have the touring system myself). You are on the right path to start things off:w
:w:w:wThanks Chemadawg99, I knew I would get a more accurate estimate from you guys. The water issue was discussed at the CAC Mods at the Colorado Cruise Fest, and they said only if you go in a flood of water over the bumper that this was going to happen. I wonder if anyone has had a problem with this in heavy rain or dense fog? Thanks for the quick reply this CAC:CAC is the greatest. :beerScott

I have had a Vararam on my Z06 for 2-3 years. I have driven in very heavy rain without difficulty, although I avoid driving through deep puddles.

My trap speed at the strip before Vararam was 108-109 MPH. After Vararam, it is 111-113.

I have had a Vararam on my Z06 for 2-3 years. I have driven in very heavy rain without difficulty, although I avoid driving through deep puddles.

My trap speed at the strip before Vararam was 108-109 MPH. After Vararam, it is 111-113.

:w:w:wThank you Mr. DRTH VTR, that's exactly what I needed to hear this morning. Not so much as the speed increase ( I love that) but the water issue makes me feel more confident in the product now. :beerScott

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom