Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Advice on Car Cover and battery Charger

Jistari

Corvette
2001 Black on Black A4 Coupe
We will be ripping out three bathrooms here some time in February, so unfortunately, my car may have to live on the driveway for about a week.

I don't currently own a car cover, so I will be looking for one just for this application (an outdoor weatherproof one, I dont cover it in the garage).

Any consensus on which ones are best?

I was also thinking of putting the battery on trickle charge to keep everything nice and awake till spring.

Any model work well/best for the people here?

Thank you in advance and Happy New Year CAC :)

I don't have any ideas on a car cover but I use the Battery Tender brand car charger for winter storage. It shuts itself off at full peak.

Yup, think I saw those in the store. Problem is, if you read the packaging, they all profess to be "the best thing since sliced bread" :)
Just wondering what works well for people.
Cool...thx...<scratches a mark under "Battery Tender" brand>.

I have a Wolf car cover that I use on the 68.....waterproof and works just fine for keeping all kinds of things out and the dust off.
As for the charger, I prefer the Battery Tender, use one for the boat and one for the old Vette.....slow rate of charge, won't cook the battery and you can leave it plugged in for months...run about 55.00 at most places.

Ok...a definite contender....thx guys

Battery Tender here as well---as for the car cover, I only put one on during winter storage in the garage. If you are only going to be outside for a week, I question if a cover is worth the hassle. The other thing I question about the use of an outside cover is the potential for scratching when that cover is whipped around by the wind???? Good Luck!

I had a cover on my 2002 convert that was kept inside . I think it was a wolf purchased from Corvette Central , one of the problems with the cover was it had this fabric on the inside to protect the car. And this fabrix would stay on the canvas top that I would have to clean the top off with a lint brush,also if the tires had the tire sheen on them this material would stick to the tires and and need a cleaning also.

Best of luck with your purchases and you bathroom projects

Have you looked into finding an inside storage, rent a garage, local moving company warehouse?
Just a thought.......:beer

I have a "Covercraft" .... generic version that I got at the local auto store for about $80 and while it is soft (waffel pattern), and pretty water proof, it is a major pain in the adz in anything over a light breeze.

There are few good spots on a C-5 to use as "tie down" points for the front or rear and there are no holes on the cover except at mid point (at the doors) to even allow for securing it. I got tired of the drop and squat and lie on the driveway routine just trying to keep it on ..... usually either the front or rear would be blown off ....

A custom cover has to be better??????????????? :confused

If you want to take a look, we have what we consider the best battery charger on the market today. It is a little more than some units out there but if you take the time to read our web site and look at CTEK's web site I think you will understand.

Here is the direct link if you are interested...

http://www.customcorvetteaccessories.com/ctekbatterycharger.html

Peace
Chip

Yup, saw the Ctek on my initial search. Probably a strong contender (ya more money but what I'm primarily interested in is whatever will have the least chance of hurting the electronics in the car (or blowing up the garage......ya....that would be on the list of things I'm looking to avoid also).
So, I can leave that bad boy on the car and forget about it huh?

And regarding the cover, it will probably be a week or two, but I have a coupe and have had water leak in the one time I had to park in heavy rain. Of course....its Jan 5th....and its 60 degrees here today and will be 70 degrees tomorrow....but better safe then sorry I guess.
I'll probably just get some midrange outdoor cover that is fitted and waterproof. The car is black.....so.....I spend about half the time driving it and half the time rubbing it anyway, I'll just be careful putting it on and off :)

Thanks guys.

So, I can leave that bad boy on the car and forget about it huh?

Yup, a lot of our customers permanently mount them on the car...

Peace
Chip

Cool, that will probably be the one. Thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom