Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aerobody Clear Bra

C

CallawayWest

While in Bowling Green, we discussed a few projects I could help with... here is the first I have made any progress on.

We have recently teamed up with StarShield Armor, a nationwide clear bra designer/installer network. We had them do the design work for the C16 kit, and were happy enough with the results to have them come back and do a kit for the Aerobody.

They will be coming back to do a test fit on the Speedster, and once the design is finalized, it will be able to be replicated by any authorized installer nationwide.

The kit includes:
Front fascia
About 18" of hood
Behind all wheel wells
rocker panels, (optional wrap into door sill)
side mirrors

They use 3M premium materials, and offer a 5 year warranty on their materials and craftsmanship.

Let me know if you are interested and we will get the best guy in your area to do the work. I am working with the president of the company and he understands what kind of work we do and expect from suppliers.

Pricing info soon.

-Pete

I'm in line on this as well. I just had the front repainted last year and it needs it again after the drive to BG.

FS

Pete,

I am very interested. (I spent quite a bit of $$ on the SpeedLingerie bra but the color just never really matched the car and it is a PITA to put on).

Thanks for getting that done.

-Luigi
:cool

BTW - Very nice avatar!

Pete, awesome....I'm in times 3 hoping for that volume discount :) We could get 4 or more in one spot in Dallas to make it easy

I think these guys may be willing to help out w/some kind of group purchase... the guys that do the installations are usually working independently, they like to have a full day. Each car would probably take an hour or so... stay tuned.

:_rock

They will be coming back to do a test fit on the Speedster, and once the design is finalized, it will be able to be replicated by any authorized installer nationwide.

The kit includes:
Front fascia
About 18" of hood
Behind all wheel wells
rocker panels, (optional wrap into door sill)
side mirrors
Pricing info soon.

-Pete

Pete, will the hood coverage be optional??

I am on the fence, about going part of the way up the hood. Maybe I just have to see it in person first?? :confused;shrug

Pete, will the hood coverage be optional??

I am on the fence, about going part of the way up the hood. Maybe I just have to see it in person first?? :confused;shrug

yes, any part of it is optional.

I hear ya about the parting line in the middle of a hood, which I why I stopped the C16 kit at the top of the front fascia.

The other option is to do the WHOLE hood! :eek:hnoes

Hey Peter Any news on the Clear bra yet . Thanks Pete

I've sent them a note to see if they've finished the design... they will probably come do a test-fit on the speedster, then it should be ready to go.

See y'all at Carlisle!

Aerobody Clear bra Pics

Speedster 009 now has the 3M StarShield clear bra installed.

http://web.mac.com/petecallaway/iWeb/C16/Sue's Speedster.html

I don't have exact pricing information yet, but the good news is that any local StarShield installer has access to the Aerobody template.

Expect a slight increase in "orange peel" from the film. It's degree of noticability depends on the color and finish quality of your car. From 3 or 4 feet away it is hardly noticable. In my opinion, well worth the benefit of stone chip protection.

For those of you who are painting before film installation, make sure to wait 30 days for the paint to fully cure before filming.

-Pete

I just noticed that Sue's Speedster doesn't have the teardrop plugs for the original emblem. What do they do for those? Cut around them or remove them, lay the film, then replace them over the top?

c16_pb_22a.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom