Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

After market idea for the Z06

do you like this?

• yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • no

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Dakota kid

An idea that has been floating around for some time for an aftermarket

The back glass would be removed and be replaced with a carbon fiber frame with glass or Plexiglas for track use, or just glass. (No split window)

And I would use larger brake ducts .

Guys this is just an idea so don’t flame me, OK.

attachment.php

This one is a bit different

attachment.php

I am not sure what I think. For a car of this importance, I would have to see one in person. I would imagine there would be many takers for this kind of modification. I voted yes, but my thinking is not sure at this point.

Craig

If it’s a good idea I would like to sell it.

the only problem where would I take it to.

gmjunkie said:
Now you got to Buy C6 Z06 Then make a Prototype and Pat. it. " Hay how about a Station Wagon" ? "MY IDEA" I going on Line and Order one now!! ;LOL ;LOL ;LOL gmjunkie!!

I am just a broke Guy that’s going back top school, No money.AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

gmjunkie said:
I'm shure somebody do it ! I ain't got my 03 paid off yet!! My wife would slit my Jewel's:W :eek :( gmjunkie!!

;LOL

Man I wish I could by you a beer

I think your ok in my book :beer

Going back and forth looking at the original and the modified version, I would have to say I like the back window the way you have it. It gives it the much more added effect of the Mid Year's then the current way GM has it. As to which they said the Mid Year's were the cars they were looking at when creating the lines in the back. And to some degree they did get right, but yours looks much closer.

Also, are you shaving the door handles? Going with "PoP Locks"? Either way, looks good.

~Ripp

Ripp 76 said:
Going back and forth looking at the original and the modified version, I would have to say I like the back window the way you have it. It gives it the much more added effect of the Mid Year's then the current way GM has it. As to which they said the Mid Year's were the cars they were looking at when creating the lines in the back. And to some degree they did get right, but yours looks much closer.

Also, are you shaving the door handles? Going with "PoP Locks"? Either way, looks good.

~Ripp

Haven’t really decided yet on the door handles

attachment.php

Put some tape on der... it will be good.

gmjunkie said:
I'm shure somebody do it ! I ain't got my 03 paid off yet!! My wife would slit my Jewel's:W :eek :( gmjunkie!!

But you'd still get the car, right?:L

attachment.php

Yellow

I liked the FRC styling though the aerodynamics might not be as good as the present C6. I'd probably go with a C6 with FRC lines if they produced it. Your idea is neat as well.

attachment.php

I found this one on the Net, and changed it a bit.

I like the rear scoop being elongated. Can't tell on the rear window. If you could do a different angle. The real problem I have with this car is the wheel and tire diameter in reference to the fenderwell openings. The wheels and tires look way too small for the fender openings. Look at the close up pictures of the fenders and you can a huge space around the tires.

Do you think that is a retractable hard top? Hmmm? Best of both worlds.

~Ripp

Hi All, I like the way your change to the rear window looks Cool hand Luke. I would like to see a top view cause if a Z06 has a trunk then it might end up looking too much a C4? I think the form flows better from a looks point of view. I don't know if the aero would be good or bad. I should think the drag might go up a bit due to increased surface area? Or maybe not, maybe even get better rear downforce like the old Monte Carlo's that NASCAR outlawed. You may have stumbled on to GM's next move for the car also? Seems like a logical progression in body shape for a "styling update" to the C6? Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom