Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aftermarket C6 Grills

CQRT

Corvette
2003 50th Anniversary coupe
Greetings from Arizona:
Wondered if anyone on the forum has ahd experience with a company called "Mr. Grill" -- an E-Bay seller offering a Billet-style grill that appears to be considerably less than the similar products offered by Ecklers and others.

I know you oftentimes "get what you pay for" but I've come to really value the opions offered on this forum.

Link follows:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Corvette-2005-billet-grille-grill_W0QQitemZ8075060491QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33645QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There's also a fairly cool looking "tooth" grill reminiscent of the 59 style grill that I've seen - any comments will be appreciated.

Geez...45 looks and no replies ? Never mind-- bought one.

Hey bud, I'll talk to ya. I've been looking at the same grill (and other C6 items) on eBay. So what do you think? The quality, installation? Does it install over the existing factory grill or replace it?

Well I would talk to you, but I have C5 Z06. I will admit I have been looking for something similar for the front screens.

Thanks for your replies . . . I bought one privately from a forum member and received it late last week . . it seems to be good quality and thusfar, I've only done a trial fitting - -seems to be just fine and produces a distinctive look - - I prefer it to the C-2 grill 'teeth' style.

I'll post some pix when the project is done - -am also adding rear tail light louvers and the body colored 3rd tail light housing if I can ever get a supplier to send me the right shade of red!

Regards

CQRT said:
Greetings from Arizona:
Wondered if anyone on the forum has ahd experience with a company called "Mr. Grill" -- an E-Bay seller offering a Billet-style grill that appears to be considerably less than the similar products offered by Ecklers and others.

I know you oftentimes "get what you pay for" but I've come to really value the opions offered on this forum.

Link follows:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Corvette-2005-billet-grille-grill_W0QQitemZ8075060491QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33645QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There's also a fairly cool looking "tooth" grill reminiscent of the 59 style grill that I've seen - any comments will be appreciated.
, I purchased the eklers grill for 199.00 , and when I found the one on ebay for 79.00 I also purchased thatone and they were the same grill and same manufacturer so then I returned the eklers grill.

Thanks for the advice. I just got my billet grill in the other day (& paid the same, $199). Now that I know it's the same grill as the one offered on eBay for ~$79, it's going back. I figured for $199, the grill would attach to the car with something better than 4 simple "heavy duty" zip ties, but no. They are the same. There's plenty of other C6 goodies to apply that extra $100 too!!

Thanks again, Mike L.

Thanks for the advice. I just got my billet grill in the other day (& paid the same, $199). Now that I know it's the same grill as the one offered on eBay for ~$79, it's going back. I figured for $199, the grill would attach to the car with something better than 4 simple "heavy duty" zip ties, but no. They are the same. There's plenty of other C6 goodies to apply that extra $100 too!!

Thanks again, Mike L.
Hi Mike,
I've "heard" the $79.00 grille is not as good as the more expensive one-I personally don't know because I bought the billet $199.00 grille, had it in for,oh maybe 2-3 months and took out and sold it to someone I met on Corvette Forum recently(he lives locally to me too) for $80.00. I recently purchased one from WCC(WestCoast Corvettes) that list for $199.00 but was on sale ( and I think still is?) for $129.99 + shipping ($11.70) that looks exactly like the OEM grille but is plastic chrome. I love it; it has a very suttle but stylish look to it and almost looks OEM! It's been in the car now for, oh say about 4 months and still like it as much or more on the day i bought it. Diff. strokes for diff. folks, eh? lol

I actually did return my original $200 purchase and purchased the $79 from eBay. They are the exact quality, however my one complaint is the way each are attached to the factory grill....with 4 black zip ties. Low tech, but it works I guess. Hey but I'm mexican :) , so it's ok for me to use zip ties!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom