Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aftermarket Catalytic Cnvt hurt resale???

Well I got my vette back from the shop and here is the current low down...

1. The exhaust has a much deeper and louder sound to it. It now has a distinct "thump thump thump" sound to it where as it was more like a muffled moan with the old cats. :)

My wife was following me back home in our PT and she also said that it sounded much louder to her as well.

I'll let you all know if there is any resonance problems later on.

2. The Interior definitely feels warmer, but not localized at my feet like it used to, unfortunately there was no additional heat shields that came with this Cat. :eyerole

3. They put in injector cleaner in the fuel tank which made it the car hard to start and had a erratic idle, but it cleared up once the car warmed up.;shrug

4. The MPG is back up to 25, maybe more... I took the back way home and not the highway. :w

The old cats are safely in my barn waiting for me to put them into anti-rust protectorant.

Well the test is in and there isn't any resonance that I can tell, just louder exhaust sound. :upthumbs

The idle is more smooth but still runs about 900 rpm, a little high. Will less restrictive exhaust cause the idle to run high?

Thanks for everyone's input! :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom