Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aftermarket exhaust systems....

LaMagred'02

Corvette
2002 Magnetic Red Coupe
At some point I'll be getting one...had Corsas on my CE and loved them.....

I'd like to hear what you guys/gals have on your cars.:beer :lou

LaMagred'02 said:
At some point I'll be getting one...had Corsas on my CE and loved them.....

I'd like to hear what you guys/gals have on your cars.:beer :lou
I installed a mixed system on mine in mid-May. I have a Bassani x-pipe feeding a Corsa Touring system with Tigershark tips. Some people prefer Corsa's Pace Car system for the noise but I opted for Touring since my car is a daily driver and I don't need all of the noise in traffic. It has a nice growl at startup and when I get into it but is mild in traffic.

If you do opt for an x-pipe, go for one with a true X design like Bassani or Maganflow. Many others like Corsa and Borla just barely kiss the pipes and you still get the popping (which some like).

Go to some shows and give a listen to what others are running. Good luck with your mods and remember, there is no wrong answer; it just depends what you want. Next step will be the intake:D.

Eric said:
I installed a mixed system on mine in mid-May. I have a Bassani x-pipe feeding a Corsa Touring system with Tigershark tips. Some people prefer Corsa's Pace Car system for the noise but I opted for Touring since my car is a daily driver and I don't need all of the noise in traffic. It has a nice growl at startup and when I get into it but is mild in traffic.

If you do opt for an x-pipe, go for one with a true X design like Bassani or Maganflow. Many others like Corsa and Borla just barely kiss the pipes and you still get the popping (which some like).

Go to some shows and give a listen to what others are running. Good luck with your mods and remember, there is no wrong answer; it just depends what you want. Next step will be the intake:D.

Sounds nice Eric....any pics?

LaMagred'02 said:
Sounds nice Eric....any pics?
Sorry, none that show the exhaust. I keep meaning to but just haven't done it yet. Someday....:D

- Eric

I have Z06 TI's and love them. (Not AM but not stock for my car) Will last forever, took off a few pounds and just loud enough for the neighbors and on the highway!

jrose7004 said:
I have Corsa Pace Car system with a X-Pipe. I've had them on for about 2 1/2 years.

where did you buy them?:)

I'm still waiting for the aftermarket exhaust guys to offer their products in titanium. I have big doubts about their HP claims but weight savings are for real!

Borla

I've got the Borla Stinger exhaust system with the X-pipe. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. Not too loud around town and has a great sound at WOT. Minimal popping on decel and the quad tips look good as well.

Remo:cool

I have the Corsa Pace Car with a Corsa x-pipe. I noticed that no one mentioned the most important thing (at least what I think is important!;) )....drone. Corsas do not drone - period. They are designed to not drone. Some of the other aftermarket systems produce this annoying droning noise, particulary in certain RPM ranges.

My best advice - go to a couple of events where Corvettes have gathered, and see if you can wangle a ride in cars with different systems. It really isn't important how the car sounds at idle - it is far more important how it sounds at cruising speed in top gear, and around town going up and down through the gears. Also - another important point is to consider if there is someone that rides in the car with you on a regular basis. If that person is annoyed by the exhaust sound....your nice drive in the country is about to get ruined by whining and complaining.:( So take that person - whomever he or she is and get their thoughts on this too.

My Corsas pop a little on decel, even with the x-pipe. The other thing that I really like is the appearance of the 3.5" Pro tips. I think the Corsa tips are about the best looking tips available.

Hope this helps!:lou

I put the Corsa pace car system with an x-pipe on my car last year and am very pleased with the system.

A Point That Really Resonates

blacksedan87 said:
I have the Corsa Pace Car with a Corsa x-pipe. I noticed that no one mentioned the most important thing (at least what I think is important!;) )....drone. Corsas do not drone - period. They are designed to not drone. Some of the other aftermarket systems produce this annoying droning noise, particulary in certain RPM ranges.

Randy's point is well taken. My Borla Stinger System had a couple of RPM spots that produced that annoying buzz. My local muffler shop, run by some real car guys, made a few adjustments which cleared up almost all of the issues. I still have one spot, right around 1300 RPM that has a minor humm. Not bad and I just avoid cruising at that particular RPM.

But good point Randy - and folks, take his advise and do a little research before purchasing an aftermarket exhaust system.

Remo:cool

I first put the Corsa Indy Pace car exhaust on my car years ago.
I liked the sound when accelerating and going through the gears,
but was not quite happy with the idle note.
I added FLP full length headers, high flow cats, and an x-pipe.
Wow!
That deepened the sound at idle and the car sounds
incredible while going through the gears, especially at wot.
I had my wife drive my car so that I could hear for myself.
I have had numerous compliments on the sound.
It sounds purty (that's a good thing) just sitting at idle.

The sound while cruising is still like stock...there is no drone/resonance below 2200 rpms.

I have several friends that have the Borla Stingers on their cars and they love the exhaust.
I must agree the sound is quite different than the Corsas.....deeper vs the "Indy" car sound. It sounds awesome.

I'd recommend that you go to some car shows/cruise-ins and listen to as many exhaust combos that you can. What may be "too loud" for one individual may be too quiet for you or vice versa. Our tastes do vary!

Terry Holtz said:
I'm still waiting for the aftermarket exhaust guys to offer their products in titanium. I have big doubts about their HP claims but weight savings are for real!

Terry, my good friend bought and put on the Z06 titanium exhaust for his '02 red coupe.
After having them on for awhile, he decided it was too tame.
He put on Borla Stingers and loves them.

Believe me, it sounds very different on a Z06 than on a coupe...especially if your car is automatic.

Hopefully, you will find the exhaust that best fits what you want.

Good luck with your decision.

Best regards,
Pedro

I have the Corsa Indy system on my car. Still have the stock H-pipe because I like the popping sound. It is not much louder than a stock exhaust at normal acceleration but at WOT it makes quite a sound.

When I was stationed in Italy I took it to an Italian car show and entered the loud exhaust competition. It was measured at 134.5db while revving.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom