Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aftermarket Exhaust

S

silverc5

I just bought a 97 for my wife and the first thing she say is"do you think we can make it sound a little meaner"HELL YES was my reply, but I'm kinda in the dark on which are the favored aftermarket exhausts on my vette. I'm thinking Corsa or Borla. :hb :hb :hb

silverc5 said:
I just bought a 97 for my wife and the first thing she say is"do you think we can make it sound a little meaner"HELL YES was my reply, but I'm kinda in the dark on which are the favored aftermarket exhausts on my vette. I'm thinking Corsa or Borla. :hb :hb :hb

I have the Corsa Pace Car Edition exhaust along with the Corsa Crossover Pipe on my 01 Coupe and have really enjoyed it. It gives it a sounds reminiscent of an early to mid 60's Vette. Even with the crossover pipe, I still get some deceleration popping which sounds cool.

I've heard this before

When we got our 99 the first thing my wife said was, "This doesn't sound like a vette" and she was right. Our 84 has dynomax and it sounds great and we were more than a little disappointed. We went to the 50th kickoff in BG and the corsa guy was there as well as a friend of mine that has a bada$$ fully chromed 01Z06 (Performance Design Specialties) with headers and corsa pace exhaust. He fired his up and wow--this is what we want, but then we went over to the corsa guys where they had a 97 set up with x-pipe and pace exhaust and we were less than thrilled, so the xpipe does take some growl out of the pace car exhaust. Without a doubt our next purchase will be the corsa indy pacecar exhaust.
--Drew:w

I have the Corsa Touring Exhaust, fit and finish are excellant
no exhaust drone in cab at any rpm ,at idle a little to tame
but music to my ears at wide open throttle.........:beer

Well, most people will notice the LT1/LT4 vettes and earlier will sound a tad better, most people say b/c of the traditional firing order...

But, Corsa's systems are becomming more and more popular. Low idle tone, and SCREAMS @ WOT. Good choice, imo. Im partial to flowmaster. Its that more traditional 'big block' rumble (even with a small block). But Corsa is not a bad product...LPE uses them on the majority of their applications. I've yet to hear a full system, only cat backs, but i'm sure you wont be disappointed w/ Corsa in anyway...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom