Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aftermarket Receiver

84Vette

Ok, i know there has been a post on this before but i would like to hear and see (*cough* Chris *cough*) everybodies ideas of how to put in an aftermarket receiver in their cars.

BJ

factory speakers which i will up grade in the future but for right now i just want to replace the reciever

Cool, that makes it easier. You should be able to simply connect the deck's speaker outputs directly to the existing speaker wires.

If you're not getting a "special fit" deck then you'll have to get an adapter kit. Also pick up a wiring adapter (if yours still has the factory connector).

If you need a wiring diagram with wire colors let me know.

Bill

My problem is my deck is not mad for the three hole opening on my vette. do they make kits to go in place for that? And if they do where can i get one.

I guess i should also let you know right now in my car i have a 8-track player that is what i am wanting to up grade from. i want to go from that to a cd player made by kenwood.

Oh shoot I didn't notice the '78 under Corvette Ownership, I assumed from the name that you were talking about an '84. Don't know about '78.

Oops, sorry.

Hey BJ,

Get your saw blade ready, and the dremel tool!

You will have to hack out the hole to the correct size for the frame on the C.D. player. Then insert the new cd player housing and snap it into the dash plate. After that, just follow the destructions.

Just measure two and three times before you cut, and be prepared to dremel and grind for a perfect tight fit.

bobchad said:
Easy job. Instead of thew dremel I used nippers. The dremel heats the plastic, makes it soft and can give you some problems.

Bob

Bob's stereo looks great in his car. Here is a picture right off his homepage.

Radio.jpg

Hey Bob.... I've had my tunnel covers off so many times replacing those crappy window switches I'm thinking about figuring out a way to velcro the darn thing back on. Beats the heck out of removing the seats every time. :D Great looking fit. After duals that's the winter project.

............ Nut

Thanks Nut. I started to put them back on before Sharkfest and found out it involved a lot of screwing around to align the holes and decided it wasn't worth it. The velcro idea is good.

What are you going to do with duals? 2 1/2 inch, cats, etc?

Bob

No cats. Straight 3" Stainless back from the headers, neck down to 2 1/2" at the muff's. Can't wait. I bought a spare gauge bezel last year at Carlisle, just waiting to purchase the right radio. Anyway If I screw up the cutting I still have the original.

Yeah, it's gotta beat the seat removal thing to get at the tunnel stuff.

Later............. Nut

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom