Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Aftermarket seat install- first pics

KANE

Corvette
Dark Blue 1982 Trans Am(s): Polo Green 1995 MN6
I promised that I'd post pics as soon as I got the carpet in and the seats installed. I still have to get the console sides in- but the point of this exercise was to get everything else lined up for final installation. As I stated in previous posts- I got these on a close out for less than half what OEM leather mounted cushions cost.

I've driven her around the block with the new seats and was very pleased with them. They tilt as far forward as 68-78 seats- so the access to the back is okay.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I think they match the theme well for my resto-mod. Classic car feel blended with modern features.

L82back.jpg

FYI- I know the choice of seats is HERESEY for purists. However, they are verrrrrry comfortable and will be re-covered this winter with a claret correct material (these covers unzip from the frames- too cool!).

Please share details!!! Do they provide more head/leg room? I'm 6'2 and it's a tight fit in my '81.

-Tatortot

Please share details!!! Do they provide more head/leg room? I'm 6'2 and it's a tight fit in my '81.

-Tatortot

Unfortunately, there is no headroom to be gained. I'm 5'9" and long from waiste to shoulders. The problem with C3s is with top of the seat cushion height and the elative height of the floor boards. The height between the floor and the seat itself is only about 1"- its all seat slider. My adapters are essentiall 3" by 18" flat steel.

I don't think you can beat the 68-78 seats if height is a concern.

I appreciate all the positive feedback-

Glad y'all liked what you saw!

Lookin' good, Johnny!!! I like the new seats!

Have you posted a photo of the car somewhere? If so I haven't seen it. Share!!

:wJane Ann

No- not yet!

If the weather is right tomorrow, I'll try and snap one. I wanted to get it out of the garage first.

I'd rather no one saw the mess I made in the garage as I've done the TPI swap.
:L

Where did you get them. I would like to swap out the seats in my 76. like you I am long in the waist. The seat backs don't feel right and no head rest. those look like they are taller up the back and have head support. My only other worry is side to side butt room. Looks great.

Very nice. I looked at aftermarket seats before I redid mine. My butt was too big for anything that would fit in the car.

Which company manufactured these seats?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom