Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

AFTERMARKET VAVLE COVERS FOR 1989

EOLIVER

Corvette
1989 DARK BLU METALIC SIX SPEED CONV
I have a 1989 Six Speed Conv and the valve covers are in really bad shape (small amout of oil leaking around the oil fill cap and through all of the grommets) and I'm looking to purchase some aftermarket ones instead of paying 150.00 for the GM Type. SUMMIT Racing sells a Mr. Gasket center bolt type for 48.00 each. Has anyone had any experience with these particular covers or would you recommend another brand?

I have a 1989 Six Speed Conv and the valve covers are in really bad shape (small amout of oil leaking around the oil fill cap and through all of the grommets) and I'm looking to purchase some aftermarket ones instead of paying 150.00 for the GM Type. SUMMIT Racing sells a Mr. Gasket center bolt type for 48.00 each. Has anyone had any experience with these particular covers or would you recommend another brand?

Why not fix the ones you have. Change the leaky seals and gaskets. You can buy a valve cover paint that looks great.

I though of that, but the fact that its leaking around the oil fill spot, concerns me and makes me thinf suspect that the cover is warped

Oil fill leak could be o-ring on cap. Mine was leaking. Replaced o-ring. Problem solved.

Yeah i've tried two caps already

I have a set of Moroso polished alu covers on my 87.
They are tough to keep clean, they are always getting
some kind of stains on them. If I were to do it again I
would put on chrome covers, and I would buy good quality.
Len

Why not get those powder coated in a matching silver Seen it done and it looked great. Winter is a good time for those type of up grades.
Save the Wave!

I bought a set of chrome after market valve covers from Mid America with the C4 emblem ingraved. They sure are nice. It takes several hours and cost $200 but they really changed the looks of my engine.

I've got chrome centerbolts for $44, or black Proforms (GM Performance Parts) for $139. Price does not include shipping (but I don't have the $10 "handling fee" of the mailorder houses).

Drop me a PM, email or give me a call...

I have a set of Moroso polished alu covers on my 87.
They are tough to keep clean, they are always getting
some kind of stains on them. If I were to do it again I
would put on chrome covers, and I would buy good quality.
Len

I had the same thing on my '90. The ones I had I had to drill the holes for the PCV and breather. Plus I had to remove the breather to fill with oil. I had previously polished the intake plenum, that, a chrome altenator, and the VC's really looked good. Like you said it was a pain polishing everything, and if I was to do it again I go with the chrome ones.

:w

I found some polished aluminum ones on Ebay. They were listed for chevy truck, but are centerbolt like the vette's. I paid $70 including shipping. I don't recall the vendor, but an Ebay search may yield the info.
Motor%20Pics%20019.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom