Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Air-conditioning problems 2001

Philip Jones

Corvette
2001 Torch Red Convt.
The air-conditioning/heat climate temperature control has apparently lost calibration. The driver's side has a noticable difference in temperature from that of the passenger's side. Probably 5 to 10 degrees difference (warmer). I have tried restarting thinking it would reset, but it did not solve the problem. The problem started when I replaced a weak battery but did correct itself after several starts. The problem resurfaced when I changed the temperature (warmer) driver's side and later turned the temperature back to the coldest setting. Is this a calibration problem that the dealer can correct or does it require a new or remanufactured climated control. The passenger's side works perfect. The other climate control fuctions work properly. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm curious to see what responses you get because I'm having issues with my AC. It works... but it doesn't work right.

Maybe we can both get it fixed up soon.
:wJane Ann

HI there,
Post up your codes in the HVAC for further assistance.
Allthebest, c4c5

Pulled the HVAC and it showed BO361/ Left Actuator Feedback short to GRN. Can you provide me a possible fix or does this need to be repaired at a dealer?

This happened to me when I disconnected the battery. Threw codes and ran driver's side hot, while passenger was cold. The actuator doors needed to be re-aligned. Turn the HVAC system to OFF and them enter the C5 DTC diagnostic routine, clear ALL the HVAC DTCs and the actuators will cycle through their ranges and reset them selves. Once the doors finished their re-set, all was good with the world!

HI there,
You will most likely have to replace the drivers side actuator.
The good news, its much easier than the passenger side.
Which is a NIGHTMARE!!!
Allthebest, c4c5

This happened to me when I disconnected the battery. Threw codes and ran driver's side hot, while passenger was cold. The actuator doors needed to be re-aligned. Turn the HVAC system to OFF and them enter the C5 DTC diagnostic routine, clear ALL the HVAC DTCs and the actuators will cycle through their ranges and reset them selves. Once the doors finished their re-set, all was good with the world!

Gee, reply to my own post - oh well:eyerole.

My understanding of the need to manually re-align the actuator doors after the voltage has been removed is a "quirk" with 97-00 models. 01-04 had a "fix" incorporated to do this automatically. Looks like the original poster has a 2001. Sorry.

Reset the HVAC codes and the actuator doors did cycle and apparently reset themselves. Air temp is the same on both sides. Thanks for the information.

question..

I have a 2001 as well, having the same problem. So how did you reset the HVAC codes?

Reset the HVAC codes and the actuator doors did cycle and apparently reset themselves. Air temp is the same on both sides. Thanks for the information.

same problem

I had the same problem with no trouble codes showing up. I found that the 134a freon was low in the system. I added 16 oz. of freon & the system is cooling normally again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom