Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

air filters

• Thread starter Thread starter blackvet2004
  • Start date Start date
Unless GM changed the air filter for the 04, it should be the same as the 97-03 filter. So, they ought to be available right now. Is the 04 different?

Find a local auto parts place that carries K&N, they can order the filter for you.

MidAmerica has the 97-03 K&N's for $70 (#603-936).

i tried K & N but they say they dont produce one for it yet

Call you Chevy parts department and check the air filter part number and housing number for you 04 - compared to the 03 and older. If they are the same, then the 03 filter will fit.

I'm betting that the person you talked with at K&N only knows what their parts book says and it probably doesn't say 2004 yet.

Have you noticed any real difference in the performance of your vette since you've installed the K & N?

I've got a 2000 (bought new) and have been considering installing one but can't make up my mind.

Thanks
Frank

Why K&N?

Why a K&N when you can get a Blackwing? You will need to get a straight bellow tube that you can modify to fit up to your TB

get up to 18 HP gain and a great looking filter that is easy to install and you can lose that cotton style media.

blackvet2004 said:
anyone know when i can get a K & N for my 2004 vet?

I would suggest going to an auto parts place like Advance Auto, Pep boys or the likes, buy the filter, take it to the parking lot and see if the '03 filter fits your '04 car...

If not, Return it :D

BTW, Welcome to the :CAC

The stock filter on the C5 has been the same, 97-04 model years.
AC Delco part number A917C. The K&N filter used in any model year prior to yours will fit.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom