Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Air Intake - Forced Air Induction

• Thread starter Thread starter Ratz Azzz
  • Start date Start date
R

Ratz Azzz

If anyone has any reccomendations for a new forced air induction system for the ZR1 I would greatly appreciate it. Im not thrilled with the current one I have installed and would like to purchase something that is more efficient and built specifically for the ZR1. I cant use the systems that utilize the front license plate area...<california..sheesh> In a perfect world the air filter would be easier to replace...<wink>

Thank You All..!!

Ratz Azzz

Ratz Azzz said:
If anyone has any reccomendations for a new forced air induction system for the ZR1 I would greatly appreciate it. Im not thrilled with the current one I have installed and would like to purchase something that is more efficient and built specifically for the ZR1. I cant use the systems that utilize the front license plate area...<california..sheesh> In a perfect world the air filter would be easier to replace...<wink>

Thank You All..!!

Ratz Azzz

I use the K&N open lid. It looks like the original from the engine bay buy is set in the air dam and pulls air from the fresh air section before it goes to the radiator. The velocity in that area is as great as it gets.

YESZREE..Thank You for your response...Yes..The current system I have sounds similair to yours....The radiator shroud was custom cut to fit where the K&N filter goes. Then there is a wide snorkel that reaches down just above the radiator air inlet. I actually dont mind this set up, however I was looking for a setup that had great air flow and easier access to the filter hopefully with clips. There doesnt seem to be many choices for the ZR1...Are there more...?? Any info would be great...

Thank You..!!

Ratz_Azzz

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom