Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

airconditioner recharging

cscarlson

Corvette
2003 50Th Corvette
i bought a car air conditing converson kit. followed the instructions,after installing 2 cans of freon and 1 can oil i put the gauge on system and it reads 100...i installed the low fitting and high fitting according to directions, do i need to add the rest of the coolant and then check it with the gauge or is there something in the 80 corvette charging system that is different, i need help here please...

Can't say I'm familiar with anything special about a 80, but was the system empty when you started? How did you evacuate it if it was? Air in the system could cause a high low side reading, and the high side would be very high. Are both sides reading 100? If it was properly evacuated, I would say the compressor is most likely trashed.

You can't recharge a system that's been opened from cans - it has to be evacuated first, then charged while it's still under high vacuum. Take it to an A/C shop where they have the equipment to do it right and vacuum leak-check it first before charging it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom