Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Al Knoch Interiors

gscott

Corvette
1966 blue roadster & 2002 red coupe
I purchased a set of seat covers thru Al's cousin the end of May last year. The covers didn't match the rest of the interior. Al agreed that his material wasn't correct and would make me a new set the correct color at no charge. After many telephone calls Al told me that the new covers were done, but his cousin hadn't , paid him for my first set and he wanted me to pay before shipping, which I did even though I new I was getting the shaft, but after manny months with dealing with, I just wanted to get the car correct.
Good news is I got my new covers yesterday and the color is correct and learned my lesson of going thru a second party to save a few $$ isn't always the smartest thing to do.;shrug

Gary

SEATBACKS

I presume the seat covers were for your 1966 vette. did you replace the seat backs also? I bought a set of seat backs from Al Knoch for my 1966 and the backs have a more textured look to them than the originals. I was told that's the way all repro seat backs look. Sounds possible but weird to me. Any thoughts from you or anyone that statement?

My texture looks the same as the originals, but his bright blue vinyl was way off color. He advertises exact match, but admits his supplier is furnishing the wrong color and doesn't appear to have any interest in correcting. I have since found that Corvette America's textures and colors are correct.
BTW, my source for the original purchase was a Michigan conection that was recommended by this forum.

Gary

Have you tried contacting Wally Knoch, Al's brother. Maybe he can help with the cousin problem. I have purchased interior parts through Wally and have been 100% satisfied.

SEATBACKS

I was referring to the seat backs, not the seat covers. It sounds like you thought I meant the seat covers. Did you replace the backs also? The original backs have a smooth hard surface. Repros seem to have a more grainy textured look. I wondered if all repro seat backs are that way. Thanks for your reply.

Studiog. Al tells me that Wally is his cousin, not his brother.

Vette1966. You are correct , all of the replacements backs that I have seen have that grainy textured look.

Gary

I bought some pieces from them at Old Town.Had a question, called them a couple weeks ago and was told the guy that handles that is in a meeting. He will call you back. NEVER HEARD FROM THEM. I have refered them quite often, but will think twice if this is thier normal customer service!

I bought some pieces from them at Old Town.Had a question, called them a couple weeks ago and was told the guy that handles that is in a meeting. He will call you back. NEVER HEARD FROM THEM. I have refered them quite often, but will think twice if this is thier normal customer service!

I did better than you, the first couple of months they would call back, later I insisted that I hold until I could talk to someone, that lasted three months then after more $$$ the issue was solved.
Gary

Is the "them" you refer to Wally? I'm about ready to order a new Knoch convertible top, carpet, dash skins and door panels to rebuild the Phoenix and I understand that Wally offers these items at a bit of a discount. However, I'm not looking for any more aggravation than I've already experienced with the fire! :ugh On the other hand, I've heard nothing but praise for Al Knoch direct.
Please advise. Thanks!
Jeff

I don't know if it was Wally that was supposed to call or not. No one has called yet.I am going to try and get ahold of someone again today. They do have the best product out there. If you don't need customer service after the sale your o.k.

Is the "them" you refer to Wally? I'm about ready to order a new Knoch convertible top, carpet, dash skins and door panels to rebuild the Phoenix and I understand that Wally offers these items at a bit of a discount. However, I'm not looking for any more aggravation than I've already experienced with the fire! :ugh On the other hand, I've heard nothing but praise for Al Knoch direct.
Please advise. Thanks!
Jeff
Jeff, I would order from Al direct and possibly avoid some of the problems that I encountered.

Gary

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom