Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Alarm on top motion complete

FloridaMatt

Corvette
2016 Stingray Convertible
Newly-purchased 2016 Convertible. At the completion of top motion complete, both up and down, I get a loud piercing electronic beep. Far louder and higher pitched than the seat belt chimes. Local dealer says that's normal, it's to tell me I can take my finger off the switch. Is that right? And if so, how much of the dash do I need to take apart to get access to it?

Your dealer is correct. It's totally normal. Once the roof is deployed down or up, the alarm will sound alerting you to take your finger off the button and a message will appear in the instrument cluster.

Your dealer is correct. It's totally normal. Once the roof is deployed down or up, the alarm will sound alerting you to take your finger off the button and a message will appear in the instrument cluster.
So is there any official way to make it quieter? It hurts my ears. I fix unnecessarily loud UPS alarms with a bit of clay, so I'm ready to do the same if I can just get to it.

So is there any official way to make it quieter? It hurts my ears. I fix unnecessarily loud UPS alarms with a bit of clay, so I'm ready to do the same if I can just get to it.
No. Just don't keep your finger on the button once the top is in place.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom