Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Alarm Troubleshooting

jaa6921

Corvette
C7 2016 Stingray
Hi there,

Does anyone have any experience troubleshooting the alarm system on the C7 Stingray?

Just bought a 2016 2LT and it is still under 36month factory warranty. The first problem was the second key was not programmed and due to problems with the user method of programming I had both keys reset at a dealer.

The next issue so far unresolved is that the alarm goes off randomly about 3 times a day. Setting the motion sensor off does not appear to prevent this and there are no codes. I occasionally get an alert via the MyChevy system, but only one out of 3 creates an email for some reason. The dealership has had the car twice now and working on the basis that its a warranty issue but despite it going off in their workshop, they cannot find anything.

I cannot find any info about the alarm online but I assume there are switches and sensors and that by working through them the root cause of the trigger might be identified.

Anyone else had a similar problem or can point me to info about the system?? I am due to leave he car at the dealership and get a temporary ride under warranty, but as yet I have not seen any proactive actions to troubleshoot the system by replacing parts or suggestions about how I can help myself. Hence turning to this forum

Haven't given up with the dealership and have had no contact with GM as yet

Appreciate ay thoughts

John A

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom