Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Alignment Specs

Paul-

We have a 12 Z06/Z07. At about 5000 miles I had alignment checked and it was not correct. I had it reset to FSM numbers.

Do you find later C6es coming out of the assembly plant with alignment out of spec?

Or...have you found C6es, with a few thousand miles on them, having "changes" in the suspension such that alignment gets out of spec.

The duty cycle is mostly highway. No track stuff and little or no aggressive driving prior to resetting the alignment.

HI there,

From the factory, I have not seen one be OUT of alignment. It is only when a pothole is hit or really sharp bumps occur that the alignment is thrown off.

I usually raise the torque value on the lower control arm cam bolts by 20 ft lbs so that I do not have to worry about them being jarred loose.

This way, usually, the alignments are not thrown off as easily.

Allthebest, Paul

I put some new tires on my Grand Sport. I went with the Bridgestone Pole Position RFT's. We are out in the boonies and don't want to sit and wait for a wrecker so I need all the help I can get. I got them installed and balanced for $1650 for the set at my local tire store. I got the car aligned also and this is what we finished up with.

Front: Castor left = 7.51 Right = 7.67

Camber left = .00 Right = -.09

Toe left = -.01 Right = .00

Rear: Camber left = .11 Right = .11

Toe left = .00 Right = .00

I took the car out and drove it for a few miles in town and out on the highway and it drove ok. It did not tend to wander and I am still going to have to get used to the RFT's over my Invo's. It was cold out so did not get a fair judge of the tires. I took it up to 120 and 125 and held it there and it felt very steady with no vibration and nothing squirrely going on with the steering. The Tech said I can bring it in to adjust it if I want but so far so good.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom