Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Alignment Specs ?

jackfit

Corvette
66 Roadster Glen Green/Saddle
Hi , I have taken the car in to a alignment shop to get an idea of what the present front alignment specs are ( I did not do any work on front) and to set the camber on the rear after the installation new strut rods and cam bolt kits and all bushings.

I did not bring any shims this time as I felt that they could do the rear camber without much c-2 corvette experience, plus I wanted to run the specs past the forum members for suggestions.

I have attached two photos of my left and front A-arms. Do I have any room left for shims to get the + 2 in castor on the front.?

This is how my car sits now. 1966 L-79 Convertible stock with power steering.

Left Front Right Front

Camber 0.1 + -0.1

Castor +1.1 +1.1

Toe +0.26 +0.26

Total Toe 0.52

Steer Ahead 0.00

Left Rear Right Rear

Camber -0.4 -0.5

Toe +0.5 -0.16

Total Toe +0.33

Thrust Angle+0.33

Pass Side Picture Fender on top of picture

Driver Side Picture

The question you ask is not easy to answer looking at images on the Internet.

It's a question the alignment shop will have to answer for you.

Looking at the images, what I can see is the the vastly different shim packs side to side. It's possible the car has either been hit, has been run hard into a curb or has a cracked/bent frame. I'd look into those possible problems before I'd have it aligned.

Also, at both ends of the car your toe is way off.

Lastly, make sure your alignment shop understands that the rear toe on C2/C3 is adjusted per side, not total.

Last edited:
The question you ask is not easy to answer looking at images on the Internet.

It's a question the alignment shop will have to answer for you.

Looking at the images, what I can see is the the vastly different shim packs side to side. It's possible the car has either been hit, has been run hard into a curb or has a cracked/bent frame. I'd look into those possible problems before I'd have it aligned.

Also, at both ends of the car your toe is way off.

Lastly, make sure your alignment shop understands that the rear toe on C2/C3 is per side, not total.

I hit the 59th street bridge in NYC in 1971. All new rear end , rods bushings etc just put in . Front untouched . I wanted benchmarks first before I let them touch the shims

Then before I'd align, I'd make sure front control arm bushings are ok and that you don't have any frame cracks. With C2/C3 the frames will crack around the pickup points on the front lower arms and the frame behind the steering gear.

Then before I'd align, I'd make sure front control arm bushings are ok and that you don't have any frame cracks. With C2/C3 the frames will crack around the pickup points on the front lower arms and the frame behind the steering gear.

Hi, new front end work , springs and bushings 6 years ago. I know what specs I need, but need to find a shop that knows how to do it on a c-2. They say get us the shims and we can do it. I just want to make sure a can get the additional positive caster , looking at how little adjustment is left

jack

And the final answer is ?

I would like to thank all of you for your comments. Based on those and the other forum posts, I will have the shop try to do this.

Front

Camber 0 * LF and RT
Castor + 1.1 now try to get to 1.5 or more
Toe 1/31 " Degrees ?

Rear

Camber - .5 Both sides
Toe 1/32 " in Degrees ?

I will bring shims. The real problem will be Castor, Do I have room for shims on one side and only one shim to remove on the other . The car handles well , I just want I little more castor as indicated for power steering. I am not changing the arms .....

Pass Side Picture Fender on top side of picture

Driver Side Picture

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom