Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ALMS quarter panel lights question

silver98

Corvette
1998 Sebring Silver Coupe
Ok race fans, I have followed ALMS this year, since I got my vette last October. Could anyone please explain the 3 lights on the ALMS quater panels? I believe the different classes have different colors, Green for GT1, Blue for P1, but what about the number of lights lit?

Thanks folks.

silver98 said:
Ok race fans, I have followed ALMS this year, since I got my vette last October. Could anyone please explain the 3 lights on the ALMS quater panels? I believe the different classes have different colors, Green for GT1, Blue for P1, but what about the number of lights lit?

Thanks folks.

Your on the right track. colors are class number of lights lit indicate position in class. page 13 of this document explains it better
http://www.bellmicro.com/racing/downloads/Glossary.pdf

I was at the ALMS Grand Prix of Atlanta in April, and didn't realize until the end of the race what the number of lights meant :L It would have helped a lot...
I was at Road A last weekend (prepared this time with the information) and it made a big difference watching and shooting photos.

The only problem was when the middle light on one of the Aston Martins wigged out- easy enough to figure out when he was 3rd, but when he got to 2nd place, only the top light was on. Then the first place vette came by with 1 light on... :W

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom