Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Alternator dating question

kobi67

Corvette
1967 coupe, 1979 bought new.
I am in need of a 696 alternator for my 67 Vette. The car was built 6/21/67. What would be the date I would be looking for?? I know 180 days prior will pass NCRS. What would be the most accurate?? I did find a 7c23, which seems a bit too early.. Thanks, Kurt

March alternator for a May built car? buy it!

Hey Rick, I thought June was the sixth month:D Call Masters City, I ordered one from them at Carlilse and they had alot of May dates availible.

Tom McCabe

sting66ray said:
Hey Rick, I thought June was the sixth month:D Call Masters City, I ordered one from them at Carlilse and they had alot of May dates availible.

Tom McCabe
Do they have a web site? Couldn't locate one and I need a 750 w/ a 7C17 or thereabouts. Or a good rebuild.

kobi67 said:
I tried Masters City (johnpirkle.com), they had none.
Had none what? Pirkle has literally hundreds of cases, let him tell you what would be "right" for the car date-wise, 1-3 months out is what is seen on original cars - know that Pirkle does fantastic work right down to the codes on every diode, but if you are not into that level of detail (as in not being judged NCRS style) you might not have to go that crazy.

I have a Pirkle-restored alt on my 65, a work of art really

I called Pirkle this past week. He had no 696 units for my June built car. He did put me on a waiting list??? How about Ken Bruno Motorsports?? He has restored units. I talked to him also, sounded like he does quality restorations... Anyone have feedback on his units? Kurt

If you found a 7C23 696, BUY IT! They've become rare as hen's teeth, and Pirkle's waiting list for 696's is at least 18 months, maybe more. 7C23 will work fine for you - it's well within the 6-month window for full credit.
:beer

Tom - my mind thinks June and I type May - never could count (VBG)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom