Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

an example of corey hendersons excellent work

J

jonszr1

got a chance to take my blk car to the strip. car has coreys ported inj housings and plenum and tune .car also has jeal headers, custom dr gas 21/2 in exhaust with x pipe and 410 gears.too bad my buddy didnt get the last run 11.89@120.66 ANY DOUBTERS JUST ASK HIM . GO TO U TUBE zr1 sec. brad taylors zr1 @ at famoso 9-5-08. sure was fun answering all the ?s from those wondering what an lt-5 was . i gotta do this more often

you will be very glad you did ,a very honest fairly priced guy .heck i drove 1500 miles one way to have him work on my car. as you can see from the results i am very glad i did:D

I ran a 12.53 @ 113 in Boise. Track elevation is 2700 Ft, corrected on that run I would venture to say was probably 4,000 Ft or better. That was with a slipping clutch (slightly).

Mods were - Open Air Cleaner Lid w/ K&N - Haibeck Chip - Watson Headers - Flowmaster Cat-Back Exhaust. That's it. Good burnout with 26 lbs of air in the tires (GS-D3's), I had a 1.92 60' time and I believe there was another .10th in it had the clutch been good. I fixed the clutch (Autozone), added a Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel and went back out. Popped a half-shaft u-joint on the the first pass at the starting line. Got that repaired, new half-shaft and all 4 u-joints. Back out again, but I had bought another ZR-1 so I didn't want to flog the car. No burnout, no air reduction in the tires, the car ran a 13.00 @ 113. The headers have now been removed to sell the car.

I think with 4:10's and Injector and Plenum work that 12.53 would have become a very low 12 or even a high 11. Remember this in Boise. Corrected for altitude it would/could have been 12.12 @ 117 (using NHRA Factors for S Stock and Stock). That's stout guys.

with street tires and your power you are proably better off with 3.45 than 410s. 410s amke it alot tougher to 60ft these cars . it alot easier to launch my callaway snat with 3.73s . it doesnt have headers yet and traps 113.85 .hope fully i will get the headers this week before fri so i can take her out and see how much mph different they make her. your car runs strong for your mods by the way:beer

with street tires and your power you are proably better off with 3.45 than 410s. 410s amke it alot tougher to 60ft these cars . it alot easier to launch my callaway snat with 3.73s . it doesnt have headers yet and traps 113.85 .hope fully i will get the headers this week before fri so i can take her out and see how much mph different they make her. your car runs strong for your mods by the way:beer

Thanks. The car does run exceptionally well. I'd like to try 4.10's someday just to see if they would give me a little more control over the power on the start.

pete who has the fastest stk blk zr1 11,30s runs the 3.45s and think he gets a better launch with them . i have been going to the strip since 1971 and this car with 4.10 and drag radials is a tough launch to get a decent 60 ft time . part of the reason i think is the fidanza flywheel and ceramic disc . just a little to low and she bogs (see u tube vids )but am finding out that 4 k may be the sweet point . did that on my last run and ran 11,88@120.66 with a1.72 60ft. my problem is the strip is 200 miles one way from home and am afraid if i go after it too hard i will end up stranded . if you do try 410s ,i would definatly invest in some drag radials .street tires might be a real tough launch . the et streets drag radials seem nice . i might try some hoosiers or bfgs to see i if they are better . my new to me other black car has a solid rear end thats bolt in .but i am having to do some other work on it before i try it at the strip again.. i am thinking that i might want to invest in some dennys nitrus ready 1/2 shafts .our alluminium one scare me to death . bill b turned me on to the super spicer u joints . so far they are very solid. but the solid rear end is the trick way to go no worries about spitting out 1/2 shafts or snapping stub axles . have allready on the first and only test ran a string of `1.50-6 60 fts with a totally stk car with the et streets .