Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

An Interesting Scenario and Craig Jackson's Garage

Dadman1950

Corvette
2012 GS Vert 2000 C5 FRC Pewter
As many of you probably realize, preparations for Barrett-Jackson's world famous January collector car auction are already underway in Scottsdale Arizona. The magnitude of this auction requires Craig and his team to begin preparing for their flagship Scottsdale auction almost a year in advance. For those of you who have never attended, this has to be one of the top ten auto themed events in the world and it should be on everyone's "bucket list". :happyanim:This year's event will take place from January 13 (sound familiar) to January 20. If you can't be at the Detroit Show for the C7 unveiling this would be a great alternative to hang out for a week surrounded by thousands of collector automobiles. The weather here alone makes it a great place to be, but couple that with collector cars and it can't be topped. In addition to B-J's auction there are at least three other major automobile auction houses that will also auction cars during the same period. :cool!:

Here's an interesting scenario to ponder. ;shrug Thinking about the timing of the B-J event (1-13 to 1-20) and the unveiling of the C7 (1-13) consider this possibility. Every year B-J auctions off several cars for charity. Both Chevrolet and Ford have donated early production "future build" cars in the past to raise money for charity. Manufacturer donated pre-production Camaros and Mustangs have brought big money for charity in the past. Knowing that, and having been an "unsuccessful" pre-production bidder in the past, it would not suprize me at all to find out that B-J and GM would auction off a pre-production (future build), low production number, C7. Understand I do NOT have any information from
B-J suggesting this
, so don't start a rumor
, it is only my supposition, but knowing some of the amazing cars Craig has auctioned in the past and having the dates coinciding with the C7 unveiling and the auction, IMO it would be the perfect marketing strategy for the Corvette C7 introduction. It would not surprise me at all. I'm going to be watching the marketing for B-J closely to see if it may come to pass. What a great way to secure an early production number car, support a charity and have it all documented on TV as well. I'm going to call Gary at B-J and ask if there is any possibity of this happening then I will get back and report on the forum what was said.

Whether that is a part of the auction or not it would be hard for an enthusiast to have a much better week than at the B-J Auction in January.

Thought i'd provide a link to show you what Craig's success in the classic/muscle car auction business has allowed him to build to house his impressive personal collection of 18 cars.

Enjoy MIllion Dollar Rooms: Paradise Valley, AZ (Craig Jackson Garage) - YouTube
(you may have to copy and paste this address to your browser)
And if you get to Scottsdale for the auction look me up!:beer

Here's my follow up after talking to BarrettJackson
All I can say is I would suggest that you watch the BarrettJackson site marketing their Scottsdale event.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom