Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

And here it is

S

stingrayl82

Sorry it's taken me so long to get a message up, but two weeks ago we found out that Sherri, my wife, has breast cancer. Last Friday she underwent a mastectomy. Fortunately only one lymph node was invaded with cancer, which means her chances of recovery are excellent. She will undergo chemotherapy and also get breast reconstruction next week. Her plastic surgeon is the best in Monterey, and he's told us that she'll never know her breast was ever gone. You gotta love modern medicine. Anyway, I've tried to post my pics, but the .jpg's are too big. I've tried to zip them, but they only zip down from 71Kb's to 70.

Frederic

Frederic and Sherri,
Truly, my thoughts and prayers are with you!!! I just ran into an old friend of mine in the supermarket a few days ago, and she told me she also discovered she had breast cancer in March. She had a mastectomy in June and is undergoing chemo right now. She looked good and her spirits were fantastic which I think is so important in this battle. Let us know how you're doing, Sherri...

Lemon Peel aka Elaine

Thinking of you both...

My thoughts are with you and Sherri. Sounds like this was caught in time, and recovery is very good. I'm sure that with the diagnosis and surgury happening so quickly, both of your heads are spinning! This is a major psychological challenge, besides also being a physical one. Best of luck to you both for facing it head on and so aggressively!
Heidi

Sherri

My thoughts and prayers are with you both, thank God for modern medicine.
Sandy

Fred and Sherrie, sorry that I don't know you personally, you two sound like good people. I too have been through and survived Cancer. I hope you two are members of local church. Sometimes God sends us a very clear message, that life is short.....and very precious. It's a wake up call too......Reality and life, that is not to be taken for granted. You both are in our Prayers, both personally and in our Prayer Group at Church. As Moses said, although we must climb high mountains, and cross deep valleys, WE WILL NOT GIVE UP THE FIGHT. Moses was right......God set his people free.

God Bless you both, don;t give up the fight.

RIKO

All Too Familiar

You are both in my prayers. My wife who is forty now had the bout three years ago. She's in remission now and takes medication daily. I echo the others, NEVER give up, believe in a higher power no matter what you're religion may be. Support groups can be helpfull also. My wife made some new friends that she still sees regularly.

You're both in my prayers as well...

My beautiful mother is a breast cancer survivor as well. It's a difficult thing to go through. There are very good doctors out there and the most important thing you can do is PRAY! I wish you both very much luck and please keep us updated on Sherri. Good luck!!:w
Jenni

Your in our Prayers. . ..

Frederic,

God Bless you and Sherri, esp you for sharing this with the Corvette Action Center Community. If there is anything we can do to help out please let us know.

I echo everyone else: Modern Medical Technolgoy is a wonderfull thing. The human spirit and our love for each other are pretty miraculous too. Unconditional Love help miracles happen.

Bud Dougherty
Nancy Dougherty

Thank you everyone for your kind words. Sherri says thank you as well. We got some very good news that only the Sentinel Node was invaded with cancer. The other eight nodes taken were free of the disease, which is an excellent prognosis. Sherri is going to take part in a study that UCLA is conducting on a new drug, given in conjunction with chemotherapy. Apparently this drug has the ability to choke off the receptors which feed and allow the cancer to grow. Normally this drug is given to Stage IV patients, however UCLA believes that this drug is equally, if not more, effective in earlier stages. The only side effect we need to be aware of and monitor is a cardiac condition which sometimes occurs in older women. Sherri is only 30, so her chances of this side effect happening are very slim. Her chemo will last approximately five months, and then she will get her reconstructive surgery. The plastic surgeon we have is the best in Monterey, and he has assured Sherri that she'll never know she ever had a mastectomy. Again, thank you all for your prayers and kind words.

Frederic

Smiling

Wonderful news. Every drug has a side effect, even aspirin.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom