Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

And To Go Along With My Gold Titanium Steering Box.... Here's My Clutch Assembly

Viet Nam Vett

Corvette
65 BB 502 Cp /MSD ATOMIC EFI/ 2009-HUMMER H2
Well I finished mocking up the Clutch Bracket plate from hell. I'm glad I didn't have to cut the 'Z' Bar...!!! I also received the correct Hy-Me Joint..:L From Speedirect and mounted it and did an adjustment on the disengaugement travel.

That's what's cool about this rod..you can fine tune the the "Push" on the clutch with out efecting pedal travel. Just waiting for the SS Braided Oil Pressure line to arrive this week the I can mount the Clutch Bracket for the final time.

Gotta Thank Rich L for turning me onto this linkage. Nice Piece. And Also 67 Heaven for the Fuel Pump Mounting Ideas as well as Rich L Too.

I think I might be getting carried away with the Titanium Paint ...:W

clutch1.jpg

clutch2.jpg

richscorvettes said:
Mark,

The installation looks very neat and professional - I'm sure it will work as well as it looks.....:D :Steer

Rich Lagasse

And thanks for your help :beer

Mark, that setup looks really great, as well as all the other stuff you've been doing. Gonna be a sweet ride when you're done. Keep em coming.

this is really fantastic work that you are doing!!!!! It is very inspiring to me...Nice job!!!!

firstgear said:
this is really fantastic work that you are doing!!!!! It is very inspiring to me...Nice job!!!!

Thanks First gear...Sub Boy And John L.... Still alot to do yet. The hardest part of this conversion is mounting and figuring out the plumb of the fuel system. That's a work in progress....

Mark,

Love all those pics, keep them coming. Great looking clutch linkage, that will be real positive in it's action.

Take care,
Brian

Fuelie said:
Mark,

Love all those pics, keep them coming. Great looking clutch linkage, that will be real positive in it's action.

Take care,
Brian

Will do Fuelie..:beer

Viet Nam Vett said:
Well I finished mocking up the Clutch Bracket plate from hell. I'm glad I didn't have to cut the 'Z' Bar...!!! I also received the correct Hy-Me Joint..:L From Speedirect and mounted it and did an adjustment on the disengaugement travel.

That's what's cool about this rod..you can fine tune the the "Push" on the clutch with out efecting pedal travel. Just waiting for the SS Braided Oil Pressure line to arrive this week the I can mount the Clutch Bracket for the final time.

Gotta Thank Rich L for turning me onto this linkage. Nice Piece. And Also 67 Heaven for the Fuel Pump Mounting Ideas as well as Rich L Too.

I think I might be getting carried away with the Titanium Paint ...:W

clutch1.jpg

clutch2.jpg
How can you fine tune the push without effecting pedal travel? I have the same linkage and any adjustment on either rod end will move pedal somewhat, Right? It does on mine. I think that titanium paint looks great!

skids said:
How can you fine tune the push without effecting pedal travel? I have the same linkage and any adjustment on either rod end will move pedal somewhat, Right? It does on mine. I think that titanium paint looks great!

Well ..Let me see if I can figure out what I ment.... Based on this article...

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/techarticles/49878/index1.html

If the clutch push rod is to long the bearing will be pushed to far in and cause a bind. So it is possable to shorten the rod at the clutch side and then I think readjust the pedal travel rod...and mantain the correct adjustment but have the clutch throw out bearing to far or not far enough.

does that sound right...??? Or maybe I'm wrong...:confused

Viet Nam Vett said:
Well I finished mocking up the Clutch Bracket plate from hell.
Looks good ... I think it would be an improvement if you welded the black bracket to the clutch fork ... eliminating a bolt that might wear/loosen.
JACK:gap

Jack said:
Looks good ... I think it would be an improvement if you welded the black bracket to the clutch fork ... eliminating a bolt that might wear/loosen.
JACK:gap

Good Call ...But that is one heavy bolt and LockWasher. One tha sucker is torqued...it Ain't coming loose...:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom