Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Annoying Seatbelt issue

Dom

Corvette
Formerly 2006 Le Mans Blue & 2001 Pewter
Well the weather in NJ is finally coming around. For the first time this past weekend it was nice enough to open the windows and take the top off.

One thing I noticed when driving with the the windows down was the passenger seatbelt slapping off of the seat in the wind. Other then the obvious (put someone in passenger seat) has anyone noticed the same problem and was there an easy fix?

I had to buckle the seat belt in the empty spot to get it to stop. Man , did that look stupid :ugh

Yes I have noticed the same thing when I take the top off my Coupe. I did the same thing you did. Oh well.

Our C5 Vert has a similar issue.
Haven't noticed it with my C6 yet - better check it out and see what happens.

korvettekarl said:
Yes I have noticed the same thing when I take the top off my Coupe. I did the same thing you did. Oh well.

I also noticed that

belt

me too!It also had a problem retracting on my side which caused it to get stuck in the door jam a couple of times.I don't think it's quite as bad as it was in the c5 though.

Haven't noticed it with my C6 Vert. Guess I'll have to pay attention next time I take it out alone.

seat belt

It's been all the more annoying since I read this thread!!:D now,I can't help but hear it everytime the roof is off and i'm going fast!!

hardnoks said:
It's been all the more annoying since I read this thread!!:D now,I can't help but hear it everytime the roof is off and i'm going fast!!

Sorry about that hardnoks. I was hoping someone had a resolution to reduce my frustration, not increase yours.

Never took the top off my C6, so havent experienced that yet. But I would think that the route to go would to put a piece of Velcro somewhere on the belt and Jamb (out of sight of course) to keep it from flapping.

take some velco and put one on the belt and another where you would like to mount it (either the b pillar or the side of the seat) ... it will resolve your issue

velcro

My Zee has the same problem--I generally drive with the windows down. After some thought I decided to use matching (black) sticky velcro to hold it tight--just be sure to put the fuzzy on the belt and the loops opposite, since your passengers don't want to fight the loop side sticking to them or scratching them.
Gersh

I don't have the problem with my C5, However test drove a C6 today and it was absolutely the first thing I notice. Very loud and distracting.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom