Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Another FOB problem

woodsc5

Corvette
2000 Pewter Roadster
I'm new to the forum so bear with me. I've searched the forum and haven't seen anything like this. My 2000 vert is running fine. The fob worked great until last week. I parked it in its usual spot in the garage, got myself and my daughter out and tried to lock it with the fob. The doors locked and the alarm sounded. This has never happened before. I unlocked the vert with the fob and tried it again. The same thing happened again. It will lock and unlock with the key and with the door switch. The next day, after about an hour's drive, I got out and locked the car with the fob-no problem. I was not at home and I turned off my phone's bluetooth receiver. Naturally, when I returned home about 2 hours later and parked it back in the garage, the fob acted up as before-door locks but alarm sounds. Could the bluetooth or my garage door transmitter cause this problem? I bought my Vette in July, 2004 and it only had 12,970 miles on it. Right now, it only has 21,550 miles. Help please, because my wife already doesn't like my Vette, and this situation will give her another reason to tell me to sell it. Thanks!;help

Wow, you have issues man! :L

First question, do you have a second fob that you can try? Next question, have you tried reprogramming the fob using the instructions in your owners manual? Get back to me and lets see where we can go from there.

Welcome to the :CAC woodsc5!!

Sorry to hear about your fob issues but glad you found our nifty little website. :cool

Actually, this doesn't seem to be a fob issue to me. The fob seems to be working as it should but the alarm goes off. But then, I've been wrong before. ;)

Just a couple of questions... is there any chance a door or trunk lid isn't closed securely? My door hinges are starting to wear and sometimes my doors don't close as snug as they should. Any signs of moisture inside? The last time my 'vert had the same issue, we'd had a thunderstorm of biblical proportions and it leaked. Water must have gotten into a relay or something because I got a call from parking lot security that the alarm was sounding. After I checked it to be certain no one had tried to break in, the alarm would sound everytime I tried to lock it and walk away. Although, mine started working fine again within a few hours.

Just keep posting information and hopefully we'll get you squared away soon.

:wJane Ann

Welcome to :CAC

In order to narrow down possible culprits I suggest you read the codes in the DIC. You will find procedure in the tech section. Since the problem is intermittent it will probably show up as an history code, one with an H at the end. Your Blue-tooth or cell should not have any bearing on the fob function. It could be as simple as a loose ground so read the codes and get back to us. Regards, Zig.

Thanks All for the great welcome and your help. I have changed the battery in the fob and reprogrammed it-same result. I'll try my other fob after I change the battery in it and reprogram it.If that doesn't work, I'll pull the codes and post my results. Thanks!

Ok, reprogrammed my 2nd FOB, tried it and got the same result. I pulled codes and these are what I got. Under BO-RFA, the codes were B0605H, U1255H, U1096H U1064H, and U1016H. Under BCM, the codes were B0432H, B2282H, U1064H, B2283H, and B0685H. There were no PCM codes. All of the other codes were historical as well. I recently installed a EverStart Maxx battery from Wal-Mart before these issues began. That replaced a Optima Red Top that was out of warranty and would not take a jump. I just noticed that I have no taillights, backup lights or brake lights as well. Could a defective battery be the cause? I will check for more codes but in the interim any suggestions or help would be most appreciated. Thanks! ;help

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom