Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Another, Killer New Goodyear Tire for C4s

1996 Coupe. I have 3000 miles on the Eagle F1. The one in the lead article. Yeah that one. They are very quiet and soft compared to the Bridgestones.

The traction is exceptional on the dry pavement.

The story begins on wet roads. The vents from the "V" evacuate the water and create a vacuum effect that sucks the car down onto the surface instead of the opposite effect prevelant on a light C4.

This is new technology for our cars and I can't be happier with this choice.

Fearless in the rain, arrogant in the sun.

Although your comment is interesting and well taken, you did not mention what brand of tire you were talking about. Would you please elaborate so to enlighten the masses?

Thank you.:w

vms4evr said:
Count me in on the SZ50 too! My92 had the GSCs on them when I got it. I can sum my opinion of Goodyear up in 1 word...

Not only do the SZ50s outperform the GSC in dry and wet. But they last longer and give a much nicer all around ride. And they cost less money!

We've also had new car, minivan, suv, that came with Goodyear from the factory. And every last one has been dissapointing... Their tires are over-priced and over-rated.

Graham

Graham,

I'll have to agree with your Goodyear opinion. Matter of fact, one of the less than 1 1/2 year old Aquatreads on my sisters Camry blew a sidewall last month. She paid for another one and that new one got a flat today! Those tires don't hold the pressure very well, in fact, it stinks to say the least. They weren't cheap either, it came out to about $450 for a set of four, and that's for a Camry!

My SZ50's have treated me well. I considered going with the GSC's, but after reading some articles and comparing prices, the SZ50's were the more logical choice.

I replaced my run flats on my 94 Roadster this spring with the F1's and I love them. Very quiet, and great wet and dry traction. My traction control doesn't kick in nearly as much as before.

I am going to try the Goodyear. MY pilot sports are cupping on the sidewall and ride terribly. They vibrate like crazy and since they are cupped the dealer want take them back. Michelin says warranty work has to go through local dealer. Before buying any tires, one should look at the tread design to make sure there is plenty of integrity on the side to prevent the cupping from aggressive driving. I have learned my lesson. I am ordering Goodyears in the next couple of days even though the pilot sports have over half of tread life left. I am tired of bouncing down the road.

Just Put A Set Of D-3 On My 2001 And Very Happy With Traction. Noise,and Price, I Have Not Tried In Rain Yet .not Sure On Correct Tire Pressure , Any Suggestion

Welcome to CAC

I will be in the minority on this, but I run at or very close to maximum sidewall pressure on all my tires. That yields a rougher ride, but excellent wear. I will back off on the pressure if the wear pattern dictates or if wifey complains (on her car).

:w

20,000 mile report

The F-1 Gs D3s have 20,000 miles on them. They have been exceptional tires. Wet and dry traction is as described as well as very quiet. They maintain very good balance after only one re-balance and cannot be rotated on my differing width stock rims.

The replacement cost installed as of last week is $808 with tax.

The rear tires are just about at the wear bars. Maybe an eighth of inch, 10% remaining. The fronts are 40% remaining. I would rate the wear as fair to good considering the right foot effect. The performance more than compensates for that. I'm putting the same ones back on again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom