Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Another new guy

EL_GENERICO

Hello folks,

As I approach my 35th year of existence, I am finally finding the urge to own a Corvette difficult to ignore for some reason. Maybe it was due to my father owning one. Perhaps it was because my mother taught me how to rebuild carbs at the kitchen table. Either way, I liked them as a kid. I loved them as a teen. I nearly bought a C3 in my early 20's, but my 6'5" height made for a lack of head room. These days, the prices I see on C4's make them very attractive. (As does the increased head room.)

As of now, I am only looking. I want to get a feel for the market, the cars, the parts, and other things before I commit to even looking at cars available for sale. I'm leaning towards a C4 at the moment due to head room, availability, price, and simplicity. They seem to be a good balance of affordable and modifiable. As for my forum plans, I'll probably just poke around the forum and read threads until I begin to form specific, unaddressed thoughts. (And really, there can't be that many things that haven't been addressed, so I probably won't bug anybody too much.)

I've been looking around the site, and have already found some of the buyer's guide stuff posted here. This looks like a great site, and a really valuable resource for not just seasoned owners, but someone like me who is just starting to seriously consider the care and feeding of a Corvette. :L I'm also happy to see that this place is privately owned and maintained. So, here I am all signed up on my first Corvette forum! It's nice to meet all of you!

-KC

Welcome to the :CAC

Good luck with your search, there is an amazing amount of information here.:w

Hi KC and welcome to the :CAC

It sounds as though you've already been doing your homework by exploring our site and reading up on the tremendous amount of information offered here.

Good luck with your search!
:wJane Ann

welcome to CAC!!!!!
enjoy!!

welcome to CAC!!!!!
enjoy!!

Welcome to the site and enjoy it for all it worth! I own a c4 and am 6'3" ...I have room to spare.....I did notice that in models I drove with sport seats the shoulder room was a bit tight compared to standard seats...but that is my opinion....also note that in the most recent issue ofCORVETTE MAGAZINE it says the prices of c4's are actually RISING a bit...woohoo for us that own them.....!there are some GREAT c4's out there....enjoy the search, be wise on your purchase, and most importantly HAVE FUN once you get yours.....nothing better than getting that passing wave the first time your driving one or filling the gas tank and someone says "nice car'

good luck!
Jeff:welcome

Attachments

• Niagara Parkway & Harvest Moon 014.jpg
    Niagara Parkway & Harvest Moon 014.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 83
Welcome Aboard. . . . . . . .

As I approach my 35th year of existence, I am finally finding the urge to own a Corvette difficult to ignore for some reason
Welcome to Corvette Action Center, we're glad you've decided to join us, you will love it here I know :happyanim:

Bill :w

Welcome to the Forum. :w Good Luck with your search.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom