Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Antenna Replacement

Bonnell

Corvette
2008 Convertible
This past weekend I installed my new antenna mast from anntennasrus.com. I had the common problem of the antenna not always lowering all the way.

I cycled it a couple of times and all was well. The next day I noticed that the antenna did not go down at all. Yestday evening I pulled it again and the nylon cable was twisted. I cannot get it to go back in at all.

Does the shorty antenna for the Z06 and FRC work well?;help

This past weekend I installed my new antenna mast from anntennasrus.com. I had the common problem of the antenna not always lowering all the way.

I cycled it a couple of times and all was well. The next day I noticed that the antenna did not go down at all. Yestday evening I pulled it again and the nylon cable was twisted. I cannot get it to go back in at all.

Does the shorty antenna for the Z06 and FRC work well?;help
There is still part of the old antenna plastic cable in the housing!!You'll have to take it apart and get it out!!:upthumbs

Thanks for the reply Junkie!

I would have thought the same thing but the old came out ok and the new one went in ok and fully retraced several times. When I pulled the new one back out it had twisted (maybe I did not get the teeth in on the right side) but appears to be intact.

Is it easier to replace the whole unit than to try and take it apart?:pat

Junk is right, I've had to replace mine twice over the years and it is easy to take apart and put back together. One trick is to check the old length with the new length, you will most likely find a small difference which means there is a small piece still in the housing.
Drill out the old rivets and replace them with small nut and screws. If you still don't want to fix it and you can afford the $300 the dealer will want, send it to me and I'll fix it.

Thanks for the reply Junkie!

I would have thought the same thing but the old came out ok and the new one went in ok and fully retraced several times. When I pulled the new one back out it had twisted (maybe I did not get the teeth in on the right side) but appears to be intact.

Is it easier to replace the whole unit than to try and take it apart?:pat
6 of 1, Half Dozen of other!!!It's not hard to take it apart in the car!! I've had some real fun ones though!!:L I usually take off the left rear tire and inner Wheel house liner, the antenna has about 3 screws and drill 3 rivets!! There is something still in it!! May just be OLD Hardened Grease!! There is several threads here on it in C4 technical Discussion!!http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=172 I'm right in the Middle of a Clutch Job right now,but I'll try look and find one for you!!:cool:cool

I'm not sure if Junk was playing with you but simply remove the right rear tail light lens and it's right in front of you, couple of screws and disconnect the wire harness inside the trunk and it come out through the tail light opening.......
Junk, if you were messing with him we'll get even.........:Buttslap:r:finger

I'm not sure if Junk was playing with you but simply remove the right rear tail light lens and it's right in front of you, couple of screws and disconnect the wire harness inside the trunk and it come out through the tail light opening.......
I don't know what I was think'n!!!:boogie:boogie:boogie I guess the Nissan 4X4 Truck Clutch has got me All "FK'ed" Up!!!:D:D I'd rather change 10 Corvette Clutches,Any Year!!!!!;LOL;LOL;LOL:upthumbs

I don't know what I was think'n!!!:boogie:boogie:boogie I guess the Nissan 4X4 Truck Clutch has got me All "FK'ed" Up!!!:D:D I'd rather change 10 Corvette Clutches,Any Year!!!!!;LOL;LOL;LOL:upthumbs

After seeing your instructions about removing the wheel and panels I called the local dealer and even at $300 it would be a deal next to removing wheel and panels!:D

It's easy.......read this

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom